FHFA Creates New Initiatives For Housing Market
- The Life Span of a GSE. Hewitt, Janet Reilley // Mortgage Banking;Apr2011, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p4
The article offers information on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as the two most influence-exerting institutions in Washington, D.C. in 2011. A report released stated that Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae were made in a government laboratory and not in a competitive marketplace. According to the report of...
- Making It Official. Berry, Kate // American Banker;2/17/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 27, p10
The article discusses a report from the U.S. Federal Housing Finance Agency concerning the alternatives it is considering on how Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored enterprises, should compensate mortgage servicers in the future.
- New GSE Data Revamp Delay. Kilgore, Austin // American Banker;12/22/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 197, p7
No abstract available.
- An Analysis of the Legal Expenses of the GSEs. DeMarco, Edward // National Mortgage News;2/28/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on the views of the U.S. Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) regarding indemnification and advancement of legal fees. It also discusses court ruling by the Southern District of New York in 2006 that the effort by the U.S. Justice Department to limit the advancement of legal...
- Federal Agencies Make Changes to the Home Affordable Refinance Program. Mau�s, Julia; Fuchs, Jim // Bridges (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis);Winter2011, p6
The article focuses on the changes made by the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) to the Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP). It states that the goal of the changes is to increase the number of borrowers qualified to refinance their home mortgages while minimizing credit risk for the...
- AGENCIES SEEK SOLUTION FOR FANNIE, FREDDIE, FHA REO PROPERTIES. // Pratt's Bank Law & Regulatory Report;2011, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p18
The article focuses on the call by the U.S. Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) for public opinion on single-family homes that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac carry as real estate owned (REO). It cites the release by FHFA of a Request for Information (RFI) to search for options for selling...
- Treasury Tries To Close Gap On Reductions. Borak, Donna // Mortgage Servicing News;May2012, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Administration officials try to lean against the U.S. Federal Housing Finance Agency to close gap on principal reductions on loans obtained by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- FHFA Bolsters Onsite Examination Teams. Collins, Brian // Mortgage Servicing News;May2012, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the expansion of the U.S. Federal Housing Finance Agency's (FHFA) onsite examination teams which oversight servicing activities of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the agency.
- FHFA Publishes Final Rule on Private Transfer Fees. // Pratt's Mortgage Compliance Letter;Apr2012, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p5
The article cites the U.S. Federal Housing Finance Agency's publication of a final rule limiting Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Federal Home Loan Banks from engaging with properties burdened with private transfer fee covenants excluding those paid to homeowner associations, condominiums, and...