Cancer Detection for Everyone
- CANCER SCREENING GUIDELINES. Greenwald, M.D., Edward // Cortlandt Forum;05/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p165
Focuses on issues concerning cancer screening in the United States. Rationale for cancer screening; Guidelines regarding breast cancer screening; Screening procedures for detection of colorectal cancer, cervical cancer, and prostate cancer.
- Detect Breast Cancer 10 Years Earlier. D, B // Prevention;Feb2001, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p174
Reports on a procedure entilted ductal lavage which may be able to detect breast cancer years earlier than mammography.
- Screen-detected breast cancers have a lower mitotic activity index. Groenendijk, R P R; Bult, P; Tewarie, L; Peer, P G M; Sluis, R F van der; Ruers, T J M; Wobbes, T // British Journal of Cancer;1/15/2000, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p381
We know that screening for breast cancer leads to detection of smaller tumours with less lymph node metastases. Could it be possible that the decrease in mortality after screening is not only caused by this earlier stage, but also by a different mitotic activity index (MAI) of the tumours that...
- Looking forward. Webb, Janet // Better Nutrition;Oct2000, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p8
Examines innovations in the diagnosis of breast cancer. Digital mammograms; Blood tests that use biomarkers to determine the substances produced by cancer; Raman spectroscopy.
- Long-Term Prognosis of Teenagers with Breast Cancer. Rivera-Hueto, Francisco; Hevia-V�zquez, Alberto; Utrilla-Alcolea, Jos� C.; Galera-Davidson, Hugo // International Journal of Surgical Pathology;Oct2002, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p273
Examines the prognosis of teenage girls with breast carcinoma using histochemical and immunohistochemical methods. Observation of operable breast carcinomas among the patients; Mastectomy of postpubertal patients; Survival rate of the patients.
- Breast Thermography. Wylie, Kristina // Gerson Healing Newsletter;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the diagnosis of breast cancer using breast thermography in the U.S. Importance of patient's understanding on health and body; Benefits of breast thermography; Detection of cancer up to three to five years before the detection of tumor by a mammogram.
- A better breast exam. // Harper's Bazaar;Aug97, Issue 3429, p90
Presents the breast testing equipment, BreastAlert. Description of the equipment; How the equipment is used.
- How to get a second pathology opinion for early breast cancer...and why you need one. // HealthFacts;Feb95, Vol. 20 Issue 189, p3
Focuses on the need for a second surgical opinion on women diagnosed with breast cancer. High incidence rate on the diagnosis of breast carcinoma due to an increase acceptability of mammography screening; Two types of `carcinoma in situ'; Lower recurrence rate among women treated with...
- Don't hold back mammography for women under 50. // Modern Medicine;Oct94, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p69
Presents a summary of the article `Five-Year Survival of 100 Women with Carcinoma of the Breast Diagnosed by Screening Mammography and Needle-Localization Biopsy,' by T.L. Bauer et al., from the `Journal of the American College of Surgeons' dated May 1994. Early detection of breast carcinoma...