Parental control and monitoring of young people's sexual behaviour in rural North-Western Tanzania: Implications for sexual and reproductive health interventions
- Barriers to Sexual Health Services for Young People in Nepal. Regmi, Pramod R.; van Teijlingen, Edwin; Simkhada, Padam; Acharya, Dev Raj // Journal of Health, Population & Nutrition;Dec2010, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p619
Although sexual and reproductive health education and services are provided to young people, current rates of HIV infection and pregnancy are increasing in Nepal, indicating that young people do not always use sexual health services. Health facilities have apparently failed to provide young...
- Profile of young people's advice clinic in reproductive health, 1988-93. Williams, E.C.; Kirkman, R.J.E.; Elstein, M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/24/94, Vol. 309 Issue 6957, p786
Focuses on the Woodhouse Park Clinic on providing weekly advice sessions to young people on reproductive health in the year 1988-1993 in the Great Britain. Background and setting of the clinic; Facilities in the clinic; Details on the management in the place; Difficulty encountered in...
- STAVOVI I PONAÅ ANJE STUDENATA U VEZI SA REPRODUKTIVNIM ZDRAVLJEM. RADOVANOVIĆ, Snežana; KOCIĆ, Sanja; ŠORAK, Marija; MILIĆ, Časlav // Medicinski Pregled / Medical Review;2010, Vol. 63 Issue 11/12, p859
No abstract available.
- New sexual health guidance. // Paediatric Nursing;Sep2004, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p4
Reports that new guidance on providing advice on contraception, sexual and reproductive health and treatments to young people has been issued by the English Department of Health in September 2004. Highlights of the guidance; Implications for children's right to privacy.
- Promoting Sexual Responsibility Among Young People in Zimbabwe. Young Mi Kim // International Family Planning Perspectives;Mar2001, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p11
Explores the advocacy on sexual responsibility among young individuals in Zimbabwe. Employment of logistic regression analysis; Use of multimedia approach in promoting sexual responsibility; Issues on reproductive health and safe sex.
- Sexual health among young adults in Finland: Assessing risk and protective behaviour through a general health survey. Nikula, Minna; Koponen, Päivikki; Haavio-Mannila, Elina; Hemminki, Elina // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;May2007, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p298
Objective: To describe the extent of sexual risk and protective behaviours and reproductive health outcomes comparing men and women of 18-29 and assess the demographic correlates of these indicators within genders. Design: A module of questions on sexual behaviour and reproductive health...
- The Psychosocial Context of Young Adult Sexual Behavior in Nicaragua: Looking Through the Gender Lens. Rani, Manju; Figueroa, Maria Elena; Ainsle, Robert // International Family Planning Perspectives;Dec2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p174
CONTEXT: Understanding the nature and magnitude of gender differences in sexual norms among young adults in Nicaragua, and how these differences affect sexual behavior, is important for the design of reproductive health programs. METHODS: A representative cross-sectional survey was conducted in...
- The Experience of Sexual Coercion Among Young People in Kenya. Erulkar, Annabel S. // International Family Planning Perspectives;Dec2004, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p182
CONTEXT: Studies of sexual behavior among young people in the developing world have generally neglected the circumstances in which sex takes place, most often assuming that when young people have sex, it is wanted and consensual. The few published studies on non consensual sex have often used...
- Abortion Rate Among Young Romanians Declines; Those Not in Union Report Rise in Contraceptive Use. Breslin, M. // International Family Planning Perspectives;Sep98, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p150
Presents some highlights of findings from Romania's 1996 Young Adult Reproductive Health Survey. Sexual behavior; Contraceptive knowledge and use; Pregnancy; Knowledge of STDs.