Measuring adherence to antiretroviral therapy in northern Tanzania: feasibility and acceptability of the Medication Event Monitoring System
- Lopinavir/Ritonavir: A Review for 2011. Teply, Robyn; Goodman, Mark; Destache, Christopher J. // Clinical Medicine Insights: Therapeutics;2011, Issue 3, p93
Ritonavir-boosted lopinavir (LPV/r) is a boosted protease inhibitor (PI) combination used as an alternative agent in the management of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). HIV treatment consists of combinations of classes of medications with complementing mechanisms of action. Protease...
- Safety, Tolerability and Effectiveness of Generic HAART in HIV-Infected Children in South India. N. Kumarasamy; Kartik K. Venkatesh; Bella Devaleenol; S. Poongulali; S. N. Mothi; Suniti Solomon // Journal of Tropical Pediatrics;Jun2009, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p155
HIV-infected children in resource-limited settings are increasingly gaining greater access to highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) but documented longitudinal data remains limited. We aimed to study the clinical and immunological outcomes among 67 South Indian HIV-infected children with...
- Effects of Antiretroviral Agents on Lipid Panels. Song, Jessica C. // AIDS Alert;Dec2007, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p139
The article focuses on the impact of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) on lipid panels of HIV-infected patients.
- South African study shows how few eligible patients start ART. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;2/20/2010, Issue 597, p2
The article discusses a study by I. V. Bassett et al published in the January 2010 issue of the journal "AIDS" which indicated the number of eligible patients who start antiretroviral therapy (ART) during the first year of being diagnosed with HIV.
- Kaposi Sarcoma—Associated Immune Reconstitution Inflammatory Syndrome: In Need of a Specific Case Definition. Letang, Emilio; Naniche, Denise; Bower, Mark; Miro, Jose M. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;Jul2012, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p157
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Paradoxicalimmune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in HIV-infected patients treated with combination antiretroviral therapy after AIDS-defining opportunistic infection by C.J. Achenbach in a 2011 issue.
- Leprosy revealed with HIV treatment. Kemper, Carol A. // Infectious Disease Alert;Jun2007, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p107
The article reports on the worsening cases of previously unrecognized leprosy among human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) positive persons who are receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART). It says that approximately 300,000 new cases of leprosy are being diagnosed, mostly in Brazil,...
- Alteration in Lipid Profile in Treatment-Naive HIV-Infected Patients and Changes Following HAART Initiation in Haryana. Singh, Jagjeet; Verma, Monica; Ghalaut, Pratap Singh; Verma, Renuka; Soni, Abhishek; Ghalaut, Veena Singh // Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism;2014, Vol. 4 Issue 1/2, p25
Background: Abnormalities of lipid metabolism are common in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients and tend to be accentuated in those receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART). However, data on lipid profile of treatmentnaive HIV-infected patients in India are...
- DRV/r monotherapy switch could save Spain â‚¬22 million. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;1/8/2011, Issue 619, p10
The article focuses on a study which examined the cost efficiency of switching from HAART to darunavir with ritonavir (DRV/r) monotherapy for patients with HIV infection in Spain.
- Bisson GP et al (Clin Infect Dis 2013; 56:1165â€“73). // Clinical Infectious Diseases;Oct2013, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p1067
A correction to the article "Early Versus Delayed Antiretroviral Therapy and Cerebrospinal Fluid Fungal Clearance in Adults With HIV and Cryptococcal Meningitis" that was published in the April 15, 2013 issue is presented.