Health education for microcredit clients in Peru: a randomized controlled trial
- An index for quantifying female education and child health in emerging economies. Rodríguez Martín, José Antonio; del Mar Holgado Molina, María; Salinas Fernández, José Antonio // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Feb2015, Vol. 100 Issue Supp1, ps10
Objective To construct an index to measure female education and child health in the least developed countries (LDCs) of Asia. Methods and results The design of our index includes the variables of female education and child health defined in the goals of the Millennium Declaration. For this...
- Kids should be given healthier eating choices. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);1/14/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p7
The article discusses the importance of teaching kids in Texas about healthy living which focuses on the "3 E's," namely education, exercise, and eating right.
- New health education films released. // Africa Health;Mar2013, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the release of three health education films for caregivers and communities on how to identify a sick child with specific reference to pneumonia, diarrhea, and malaria.
- Health and wealth in Mesoamerica: findings from Salud MesomÃ©rica 2015. Mokdad, Ali H.; Gagnier, Marielle C.; Colson, K. Ellicott; Zúñiga-Brenes, Paola; Ríos-Zertuche, Diego; Haakenstad, Annie; Palmisano, Erin B.; Anderson, Brent W.; Desai, Sima S.; Gillespie, Catherine W.; Naghavi, Paria; Nelson, Jennifer; Ranganathan, Dharani; Schaefer, Alexandra; Usmanova, Gulnoza; Wilson, Shelley; Hernandez, Bernardo; Lozano, Rafael; Iriarte, Emma // BMC Medicine;Jul2015, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: Individual income and poverty are associated with poor health outcomes. The poor face unique challenges related to access, education, financial capacity, environmental effects, and other factors that threaten their health outcomes. Methods: We examined the variation in the health...
- The Price of Poverty. Magid, Jennifer // Current Health Kids;Dec2010, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p13
The article discusses the effects of poverty on children's health.
- Truths about poverty. Pearce, Nick // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);1/20/2011, Vol. 111 Issue 4252, p12
The author argues that child poverty in Great Britain can be resolved by taking into consideration issues on improving nursery education, schooling and child health, housing for children and jobs for their parents.
- Effects of poverty on children's health. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Apr2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p18
The article explores the blog post of Dr. J. King B. E. Seegar III on how simple economics can depict the impact of poverty on a child's health.
- Child poverty recognised as key health issue says campaigner. // New Zealand Doctor;12/17/2014, p8
The article presents the status of the debate related to the impact of child poverty on the health of children in New Zealand.
- Ask Doctor Cory. SerVaas, Cory // Turtle;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p34
Offers pieces of advice to parents and teachers on child health, citing the benefits of dental examination for children.