Evaluation of a pilot cooperative medical scheme in rural China: impact on gender patterns of health care utilization and prescription practices
- A Probe into the Reform of Land Requisition Compensation System : Based on the Survey of Rural Areas in Anhui Province. CHEN, Liuzhong; YU, Zhongxiang; JialiVWANG // Asian Agricultural Research;Jan2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p71
Using stakeholder survey, documentation and policy analysis, through the survey of stakeholders, this paper aims to explore the problems in the collectively owned land requisition compensation system and their causes, and put forth the reform ideas and measures to provide a reference for the...
- Case Management in Rural Areas: Definition, Clients, Financing, Staffing, & Service Delivery Issues. Parker, Marcie; Quinn, Joan; Viehl, Marilyn; McKinley, Ann; Polich, Cynthia L.; Detzner, Daniel F.; Hartwell, Susan; Korn, Kristine // Nursing Economic$;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p103
This article is based on presentations on case management in rural areas given to the Wisconsin Homecare Organization and the Missouri Alliance for Homecare. Case management is one method for helping persons obtain needed health and social services while maximizing available community resources....
- Chinese fastener association formed. // Wire Journal International;Oct2011, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p28
The article reports on the establishment of Anhui Fastener Industry Association (AFIA), a new Chinese fastener industry that was launched in Hefei City in Anhui Province, China on 2011.
- Market forces and vulnerable elderly people: Who cares? Shapiro, Evelyn // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;07/28/98, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p151
Editorial. Discusses care for the elderly in Canada, specifically in unlicensed facilities. The development of Medicare; The importance of alternatives to acute care; The restrictions of admission to facilities; Definition of unlicensed facilities; The government's responsibility to ensure...
- New UK hospital care plan for elderly. Warden, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/14/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7169, p1340
Presents information on the plan to implement new standards of care for elderly people in Great Britain. Effective date of implementing the initiative; Shortcomings of the medical services in the country.
- Care of the Aged: An English Lesson? Smits, Helen; Draper, Peter; Chir, B. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun74, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p747
Presents a study which compared British and U.S. experiences in caring for the elderly with particular emphasis on those areas where Britons may offer valuable lessons to U.S. citizens. Evolution of specialized care of the elderly in Great Britain since World War II; Side effects of Medicare;...
- Old Age, Health Policy, and Social Conscience. Barondess, Jeremiah A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun74, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p769
Comments on an article which compared the British and U.S. systems in providing care for the elderly. Deficiencies in the services provided for the elderly; Characteristics of chronic and convalescent care in the U.S.; Problems of chronic care for the elderly.
- ABSTRACTS. // Gerontologist;Oct2000 Special Issue, Vol. 40, p337
Presents a summary of a symposium about the importance of establishing an educated statewide network of regional ethics committees for long term care of the aged in New Jersey.
- Independent living test for families caring for the aging. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/25/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 47, p16
Explains factors to consider for the families of aged patients in providing medical and maintenance care. Assessment of strategies to ensure medication compliance; Questions to consider whether daily chores are performed.