Powering Up Backup Batteries
- Infrastructure Industry: The Key To Wireless Success. Kitchen, Jay // Wireless Week;6/17/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p3
Comments on the factors that will improve the performance of the wireless communication industry. Mistakes committed by wireless companies during the economic downturn; Role of tower and antenna site companies in driving the growth of the wireless industry; Outlook for the wireless industry.
- creating a successful mobile data experience. Smith, Doug // Wireless Week;6/17/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p20
Comments on the factors to consider in creating a successful mobile data experience. Expectations of mobile data customers; Challenges faced by the industry in making a seamless interface between the Internet and/or always-on data services in mobile networks; Issues on radio spectrum; Key to be...
- Language barriers. Eichner, Tina // RCR Wireless News;8/12/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p10
Presents an article which emphasizes the condition of wireless telecommunication industry and the popularity of wireless communication systems.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;11/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p1
Presents news about wireless technology including the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association's laying out of its own guidelines to the United States Federal Communications Commission on proposed standard for location-based services privacy principles.
- 401(k) info the wireless way. Barreto, Susan // Pensions & Investments;9/4/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the increase in the number of companies seeking to use wireless technology vi cellular telephones and Palm Pilots. Applications of the technology in accessing financial information; Launch by Fidelity Corp. of its Fidelity NetBenefits; Plan by CitiStreet to do a pilot of wireless...
- Survey finds cellular service costs fell in 2001. // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Reveals that cellular telephone service cost declined in 2001. Highlights of the survey made by Econ One in the United States; Average cost of monthly servcie in December 2001; Reason for the decline.
- Don't lose faith in the mobile sector. O'Keefe, Graham // New Media Age;6/27/2002, p8
Examines the market of wireless communication systems. Companies that will likely succeed in the industry; Benefits brought about by short messaging service; Factors that will contribute to the shift to mobile telephones.
- BellSouth starts `smart' roaming. // RCR;01/12/98, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p24
Focuses on the launching by BellSouth Mobility DCS, of international roaming with nine European Global System for Mobile communications operators. Impact of the international roaming; Significance to BellSouth customers; Details on the company's plans.
- The bits at the end of the Rainbow. // Network World;7/29/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p20
Comments on the alliance of several telecommunication carriers to develop an 802.11-based wireless service on public spaces. Carriers involved in Project Rainbow; Support of Intel Corp. on 802.11 wireless standard; Significance of the alliance.
- What the cost of customer churn means to you. Pierce, Lisa // Network World;11/12/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p43
Evaluates the cost of customer churn on service providers in the United States. Number of wireless subscribers; Cost of acquiring an Internet Service Provider subscriber; Importance of existing subscribers.