- Business Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p12
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of June 30, 2003. Alliance formed between Orange PLC and Motorola Inc.; Contract won by Lucent Technologies Inc. from E-Plus; Expansion of the agreement between NTT DoCoMo Inc. and Hutchison Whampoa Ltd.
- Orange follows crowd in 3G launch with data cards
targeting enterprise users. Rasmussen, Paul // RCR Wireless News;7/12/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p19
Presents views on the decision of mobile operator Orange PLC to launch Third Generation Wireless Format (3G) services which offers Wireless-Code Division Multiple Access data card service in the enterprise market in Europe in 2004. Reason behind the company's decision according to wireless...
- Orange holds top brand position in UK mobile sector. // Marketing (00253650);1/31/2002, p2
Features the Orange mobile telecom company in Great Britain.
- Orange wirefree telemetry unit system. // Electronics Weekly;1/29/2003, Issue 2084, p6
Reports on the commercial launch of M2M Connect, a complete wirefree telemetry platform from the business systems division of wireless operator Orange. Key features of M2M Connect.
- Orange makes acquisitions as part of Internet strategy. // RCR;07/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p35
Outlines British wireless operator Orange PLC's wireless Internet strategy, called OrangeWorld designed to provide wirefree communications beyond two-dimensional voice and data.
- AS SIMPLE AS ONE - TWO - 3G. Benady, David // Marketing Week;9/12/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p26
Reports the claims of Orange of having an answer to market challenges in mobile phone in Great Britain. Amount spent by mobile industry in securing licenses to run third-generation mobile phone services; Simplification of pricing to overcome market inertia Introduction of Orange of single...
- Snook Getting Jazzed Over New Paradigm. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;07/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 30, p19
Reports on the wireless communication vision of Hans Snook, chief executive officer of Orange PLC with a set of acquisitions and a venture capital fund. Forecast for the revenue model of the company; Wireless penetration in Britain; Concept of OrangeWorld.
- Technology Enhancements Start New Standard Debate. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on disputes on a wireless communication standard at the Wireless 2000 exhibition in New Orleans, Louisiana. Complaint against Qualcomm Inc.'s High Data Rate (HDR) technology by Motorola Inc.; Challenges recognized by Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) carriers to gain input and review...
- Cellular/Wi-Fi group reaches goal, folds into 3GPP Release 6. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;5/30/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the decision of Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA) group to end its remaining activities to work within the Third Generation Partnership Project's (3GPP) Release 6. Effect of the adoption of UMA into the 3GPP on wireless operators; Wireless providers that were members of the UMA...