Season Rings In New Tones
- Dropped calls. Tran, Muoi // Fortune;9/15/2003, Vol. 148 Issue 5, p36
Presents a chart showing the performance of various cellular telephone companies as of September 2003. AT&T Wireless; Cingular; Nextel; Sprint PCS; T-Mobile; Verizon Wireless; Number of customers.
- The Shoes Fit. // Wireless Review;12/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p26
Presents a list of the top 10 telecommunication companies in the United States in 2000. Verizon Wireless; Cingular Wireless; AT&T Wireless; Sprint PCS. INSET: With Leadership Comes Responsibility.
- Competitors gain from high sub losses at AWS. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p3
Deals with the advantages of the loss of customers of AT&T Wireless Services (AWS) to other wireless phone companies. Reason for the loss of customers of AWS; Customer growth of Cingular Wireless from the first quarter of 2003; Benefits of the troubles of AWS to Sprint PCS.
- Weathering The Storm. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the addition of customers in the list of wireless telecommunication carriers in the United States. Subscribers added by Sprint PCS; Subscribers of AT&T Wireless; Customers signed up by Cingular Wireless.
- Service Costs Remain Flat. // Wireless Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p20
Reports on the average cost of wireless service in the U.S. in November 2003. Reduction in the minutes included in the call plan of AT&T Wireless; Consequence in the alteration of the plans and promotions of Cingular Wireless and Verizon Wireless; Percentage of decline in the cost of Sprint...
- Carriers get game, ring tones. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the move of Verizon Wireless, AT & T Wireless Services Inc. and Sprint PCS to offer games and downloadable ring tones to its customers. Content service marketing of Verizon; Partnership entered by AT & T and Sprint PCS with Walt Disney Internet Group; Number of applications offered...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;12/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 49, p16
Provides updates on the wireless communication service industry as of December 10, 2001. Revenue forecast of Sprint PCS in 2001; Pricing scheme being offered by AT&T Wireless to families of United States military personnel; Completion of the merger between AirGate PCS Inc. and iPCS Inc.
- E911 Update: What Major Carriers Have Planned. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/8/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p36
Reports developments related to cellular telephone services industry in New York, New York. Installation of the network-only Time Difference of Arrival solution by AT&T Wireless; Plans of Nextel to install an assisted global positioning system (GPS) hybrid solution; Selling of an ALI-capable...
- Balance Swings to Customer Retention. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;1/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p16
The article focuses on the trend in retaining existing customers and its operating cost posed for wireless communication carriers in the U.S. According to Bear Stearns analyst Phil Cusick, the trend will allow carriers to find value in farming their current base customers for additional revenue....