Carriers Take Advantage Of Rates To Pursue Financing
- Cingular opens Cingular Zone in New York City. // RCR Wireless News;7/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p4
Reports on the opening of the Cingular Zone, a customer service center of Cingular Wireless LLC in New York City. Activities of Cingular to promote its cellular phone service.
- Voice Dialing Attracting New Interest. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;12/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p36
Reports on the voice dialing service concept which Cingular Wireless will introduce to its subscribers. Number of subscribers of the company; Factors that make voice dialing popular in the market; Importance of voice dialing.
- Carriers try to pick up marginal users with cheap calling plans. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the competition among cellular telephone service providers in the U.S. Comparison of the pricing plans of major cellular telephone carriers; Plan launched by Cingular Wireless.
- Dealing With The Economic Downturn. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;6/17/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p12
Focuses on the business of Nextel Partners Inc. in the wireless industry. Average revenue of Nextel Partners per user; Management approach of the company during the economic downturn; Disinterest of investors on wireless business.
- Nextel Partners launches West Texas markets. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the digital wireless service launched by Nextel Partners Inc. in west Texas. Area covered by the service.
- Nextel Partners launches in Georgia, South Carolina markets. // RCR Wireless News;5/12/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p18
Reports that Nextel Partners Inc. has launched wireless service in Georgia and South Carolina. Information on the company's donation to sheriff's office of Richmond County, Georgia.
- Carriers reach for underpenetrated market segments with hybrid plans. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/15/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p6
Reports on the hybrid plans launched by several cellular telephone companies in the U.S. Estimated number of teenagers selecting hybrid plans by the end of 2005; Description of the EasyPay plan from Verizon Wireless; Information on features added to the GoPhone hybrid plans from Cingular.
- Cingular Offers GPRS Plans. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;06/11/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the general packet radio services (GPRS) offered by the Cingular Wireless company. Factors that influence the delay in the GPRS launching; Plans of VoiceStream Wireless to launch its GPRS service; Handsets to be used in the GPRS.
- Cingular and MobiTV Announce First Radio Service. Javier, Pedro Valle // Caribbean Business;11/24/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 46, p27
The article reports that Cingular Wireless and MobiTV Inc. announced the availability of the MobiRadio service for Cingular subscribers in Puerto Rico in 2005. Now wireless customers can listen to more than 40 channels of high-quality commercial-free digital music streamed directly to their...