Lucent, Qwest Issue Warnings
- MORE PROBLEMS AT QWEST RAISE SPECTER OF TAKEOVER. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;12/17/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 24, p14
Examines the condition of Qwest Communications' business as of December 2001. Financial problems facing the company; Outlook on the company's 2002 revenue; Speculations on a possible takeover of the company.
- Reaching out. Sewell, Chris // Telephony;05/28/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the agreement reached by Lucent Technologies Inc. and Qwest Communications Inc. to expand Qwest's high-speed digital subscriber line (DSL) in-region coverage. Terms of the transaction; Potential DSL subscribers that will be covered by the deal; Benefits of the deal to both companies.
- Qwest to deploy Lucent solution merging voice, MMS. // RCR Wireless News;11/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p7
Reveals the plans of Qwest Communications Inc. to deploy the Accelerate voice over Internet Protocol solutions from Lucent Technologies Inc. for mobile and wireline service providers for voice, data and multimedia services.
- Sonet technology to join 100 cities. Harrison, Ben // Lightwave;Dec96, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p1
Reports that a $2 billion network based on Synchronous Optical Network (Sonet) technology is expected to interconnect nearly 100 cities by the year 1998, resulting from the merger of Frontier Corp. and Qwest Communications. Provision of border to border connectivity between Canada and Mexico;...
- Qwest: fixed-line decline. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;April 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the decline of the revenue of Qwest Communications Inc. due to slack demand for telephone and data services in the U.S. Revenues of the firm for 2000 and 2001; total net loss of the company; Means of reducing the outstanding total debt of the company.
- PACKETS. // Wireless Week;11/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p8
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of November 4, 2002. Third-quarter net loss reported by Qwest Communications International; Fines levied by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission against AT&T Wireless; Change of the name of ScreamingMedia to Pinnacor.
- GROWTH-CONSCIOUS QWEST TAKES CONSERVATIVE ROUTE. LaBarba, Liane H. // Telephony;11/5/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 19, p12
Reports on the financial losses of QWest Communications for the third quarter of 2001. Cause of the financial losses; Value of QWest's stocks; Speculation on mergers of QWest with other companies.
- How low can Lucent go? // Network World;10/14/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p6
Reports on the business losses of Lucent Technologies in the U.S.
- Lucent Profitability Still Elusive. // Wireless Week;10/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 39, p28
Reports on the net loss posted by Lucent Technologies for the September quarter of 2002. Decline in its mobility revenue; Information on the company's plan about its cash and employee layoff.