Giving The Gift Of Wireless
- Balance Swings to Customer Retention. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;1/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p16
The article focuses on the trend in retaining existing customers and its operating cost posed for wireless communication carriers in the U.S. According to Bear Stearns analyst Phil Cusick, the trend will allow carriers to find value in farming their current base customers for additional revenue....
- Season Rings In New Tones. // Wireless Week;12/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p37
Reports on the cellular telephone service providers in the United States which launched ring tones and graphics for the 2001 holiday season. Sprint PCS; AT&T Wireless; Cingular Wireless.
- Subscriber additions steer tower industry. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p3
Deals with the effects of the network-sharing deals of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Cingular Wireless on cellular telephone tower industry. Details of the deals between the two wireless carriers; Information on the networks of the companies.
- Cost controls. // Consumer Reports;Feb2002, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p22
Discusses how to choose calling plans and cell phones. Comparison of cell service providers of local, regional, national and family plans, including AT&T Wireless and Cingular; Features such as Web browser and roaming lock on phones like the Samsung SPH-N200.
- Landline group says Cingular/AWS merger to cost consumers
$2.7B more annually. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p4
Deals with the proposed merger of Cingular Wireless LLC and AT&T Wireless Services Inc. Implications of the proposed merger on the prices of wireless and landline telephony services in the U.S.; Impact on wireless consumers.
- Cingular Spends $41B on AT&T Wireless. // Electronic News;2/23/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Reports on the amount tendered by Cingular Wireless LLC to acquire AT&T Wireless. Estimated global system for mobile communication customers of the combined company; Bids of Cingular and Vodafone for the company; Terms under the agreement approved by Cingular.
- Carriers hit, miss in 3Q. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/27/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the financial performance of major cellular telephone service companies in the U.S. during the third-quarter of 2003. Growth of subscribers of Cingular Wireless LLC; Revenue posted by AT& T Wireless Services Inc.; Increase of revenue of Sprint PCS; Performance of U.S. Cellular Corp....
- Carriers hooked on speed. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/27/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p27
Explains that cellular telephone services companies in the U.S. have set their attention to deploying technologies to increase the speed of their wireless data services. Focus given by the industry to wireless data service speed during the October 2003 Cellular Telecommunications & Internet...
- Cingular turns out lights on some CDPD operations. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/20/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p16
Reports on the plan of Cingular Wireless LLC to close its acquired AT&T Wireless Services' cellular digital packet data (CDPD) network operations. Technologies being offered by the company for its customer as an alternative to CDPD; Estimated number of customers of the company; Other wireless...