Highland Exits European CLO Business
- Banks Postpone $3B in WOW Loans, Bonds. // Leveraged Finance News;7/2/2012, Vol. 2 Issue 27, p2
The article reports on the decision of banks to postpone WideOpenWest (WOW) loans. It mentions that banks including Credit Sussie, Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc., and SunTrust whcih were working on the bond and loan deals of WOW has decided to postpone the pricing of more than $3 billion in debt of...
- Highland points to CLO market dislocation. // Asian Investor;Oct2012, p51
The article presents information on a report from Highland Capital, which suggests that collateralized loan obligations (CLO) is the only securities sector which is deprived of buyers after financial crisis.
- Morgan Stanley Arranging $500M CLO for Sankaty. Bisbey, Allison // High Yield Report;2/11/2013, p42
The article reports on the 500 million U.S. dollars in collateralized loan obligation (CLO) that is being arranged by Morgan Stanley for Sankaty Advisors.
- Dual Tranche Deals Come Out Of The CLOset. R. K. // High Yield Report;1/12/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on the move several securities firms to launch new collateralized loan obligation (CLO) portfolio strategies in the U.S. The author points out that the motive behind the move is to keep their current clients interested in the loan market. Some of the firms that create new CLO...
- Highland Exits European CLO Business. C. J. C. // Leveraged Finance News;2/28/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p2
The article reports that U.S. firm Highland Capital Management LP has sold its European collateralized loan obligation (CLO) assets. It says that Highland has followed the action of Aladdin Capital Holdings LLC and Resource America Inc. which sold their CLOs in 2010. It states that four CLOs...
- Carlyle Acquires European CLOs from Highland. BISBEY, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/5/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the completion of the acquisition of the management contracts of four European collateralized loan obligations (CLOs) by the Carlyle Group from Highland Capital Management. The CLOs have total assets of 2.8 billion U.S. dollars. The acquisition increased the CLO assets...
- Highland to Launch New CLO Value Fund. R. K. // Bank Loan Report;2/15/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the plan of Dallas, Texas-based Highland Capital Management LP to launch another Collateralized Loan Obligation (CLO) Value Fund I. It notes that the fund will be introduced due to the intention of many investors to remain invested in the CLO market. Gibran Mahmud, the...
- Highland Capital Hires CLO Expert Felicia Smith. Colomer, Nora // High Yield Report;11/17/2015, p9
The article announces the designation of collateralized loan obligation expert Felicia Smith as managing director of investment firm Highland Capital Management in Dallas, Texas under head of structured products and trading Josh Terry.
- Moody's Downgrades Top-Rated CLOs. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;6/15/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p4
The article reports on the decision of Moody's Investors Service to downgrade the tranches of various Collateralized Loan Obligation (CLO) that are managed by Invesco and Highland Capital Management. Moody's downgraded the tranches between one and four notches based on the credit quality of the...