High Yield Makes its Mark on Europe's LBOs
- More Debt Buyers Get Side Order Of Equity. M. S. // High Yield Report;5/14/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the economic trend of investors' co-investing in the equity portion of a leveraged buyout deal in the U.S. According to market sources, the trend is on the upswing, as investment banks are on the hook to provide pieces of equity in ever-growing leveraged buyout deals. Mark...
- Global M&A Volume Reaches YTD High. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/1/2014, p13
The article reports on the high volumes of global mergers and acquisitions financed by high yield bonds and leveraged loans in 2014. Topics covered include the value of merger and acquisition activity in the second quarter, the percentage of private equity deals posted for the quarter and the...
- Greece Casts Doubt Over LBO Ref is in Europe. // Leveraged Finance News;6/27/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 26, p1
The article focuses on Greece's doubt about the potential of the European high yield market and financial market to refinance the pre-crisis leverage buyouts (LBOs). Chetan Modi of Moody's Investor Service in London, England said that there is a large amount of pre-crisis debt that need to be...
- The US sub-prime saga and its implications for NZ. Wozniak, Rozanna // Chartered Accountants Journal;Sep2007, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p11
The article focuses on the implications of U.S. sub-prime mortgage crisis in late 2006 for New Zealand. Due to financial crisis, the credit conditions tightened, particularly for lower-quality borrowers, and private equity deals and leveraged buyouts were put on hold. New Zealanders believe that...
- COMMENT: LEVERAGED BUYOUT FUNDS AS A POINT OF COMPARISON. Nestor, John G. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Spring2001, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p437
Focuses on the leveraged buyout funds in private equity. Accounts on the decrease of the stock market; Inclusion of the intricacies of public companies in converting into private institution; Importance of international law in structuring and tax planning.
- COMMENT: THE DEVELOPMENT OF 'PIPES' IN TODAY'S PRIVATE EQUITY MARKET. Majoros Jr., George L. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Spring2001, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p493
Reports the development of private investments in public equity. Ways of expanding private equity capital; Relationship between leveraged buyouts practice and right venture capital; Visibility of the company earnings.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/10/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p19
Presents information related to private equity in the United States as of February 3, 2003. Amount of private equity fundraising by different U.S. states; Names of advisers of U.S. and global leveraged buyout deals.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/31/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 13, p22
Presents information related to private equity in the United States. Amount of private equity fund raising as of March 24, 2003; Advisers of United States and global leveraged buyouts.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/20/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p17
Presents information related to private equity in the United States as of January 20, 2003. Amount of private equity fund raising in the country; Advisers of U.S. and global leveraged buyouts to companies.