- Arizona ranks 16th in nation for software piracy. Sodoma, Brian // Inside Tucson Business;11/23/98, Vol. 8 Issue 35, p10
Cites a report by the Business Software Alliance, which ranked Arizona as the 16th in the list of states in terms of software piracy. Basis for the ranking; Economic impact of software piracy in the state for 1997; Most prevalent forms of software piracy.
- Piracy update. Hinch, Emily // Business Mexico;Jul2001, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p58
Reports on the losses suffered by the computer software industry in Mexico due to piracy. Statistics on software piracy in the country; Estimates on the percentage of Mexican companies that use pirated software; Business Software Alliance's initiatives to combat software piracy.
- Is software piracy enough of a problem to justify vendors' anti-theft efforts? Foster, Ed // InfoWorld;07/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p64
Focuses on the computer software piracy problem in the United States. Need for software vendors to stop harassing their customers for copy protection schemes; Decisions faced by software companies on fighting software piracy.
- Yo, ho, ho And A CD ROM! Jackson, Wayne // New Zealand Management;Dec99, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p100
Probes on software piracy in New Zealand (NZ). Comparison on statistics of software piracy in NZ with China; Issue on the complexity of software licensing; Meaning of Software Management Program.
- Software policy carries stiff price. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;10/03/98, Vol. 131 Issue 40, p9
Reports on the Software Publishers Association's (SPA) imposition of a penalty against BHG Group for software piracy. Other newspaper groups in the United States, investigated by the SPA; Publishing software programs allegedly used by BHG illegally; SPA's calculation of fines; Efforts of...
- Software piracy high. // Supply Management;5/26/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p8
Reports on a Business Software Alliance/IDC study of global software piracy.
- Taking a hard line on software. Webster, Geoffrey // Director (00123242);Jan1996, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p20
Reports that directors can be sent to prison and fined if their company is caught using stolen software. Beliefs of KPMG management. INSET: Software use: Your questions answered..
- Shipping Bricks and Other Tricks. GREENBERG, HERB // Fortune;9/29/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p30
Reports on the trend of software companies to persuade distributors to take more product than they really need or want, which is known as stuffing the channel. Software companies who book sales the minute the product leaves the factory; Reasons why distributors allow this to happen; Legal...
- Situational Determinants of Software Piracy: An Equity Theory Perspective. Glass, Richard S.; Wood, Wallace A. // Journal of Business Ethics;Nov96, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p1189
Software piracy has become recognized as a major problem for the software industry and for business. One research approach that has provided a theoretical framework for studying software piracy has been to place the illegal copying of software within the domain of ethical decision making assumes...