- Find the future in the past. Horgan, Karin // Vegetarian Times;Jun94, Issue 202, p71
Features Oldways, a non-profit group based in Boston, Massachusetts, which promotes healthful, sustainable ways of eating. Sponsorship of the symposium Food Choices:2000; Organization's history; Staff; Budget; Creation of the traditional healthy Mediterranean diet pyramid; Launching of Center...
- New groups. // Vegetarian Times;Mar95, Issue 211, p104
Presents developments concerning vegetarian societies in the United States. North East Vegetarian Association's search for additional members; Central Texas Vegetarian Society.
- Vegans create a home of their own. Krizmanic, Judy // Vegetarian Times;Oct94, Issue 206, p22
Reports on the plan of the Vegan Co-housing Working Group for the first co-housing project in the United States organized around the shared value of being vegetarians. Development of the concept of co-housing in Denmark; Misconceptions about co-housing; Main goal of the project; Contact...
- VRG'S MEMORIAL AND HONORARY GIFT PROGRAM. // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p5
Presents information about the Vegetarian Resource Group's Memorial and Honorary Gift Program, which aims to support educational outreach programs and help promote vegetarianism.
- World Vegetarian Congress Brazil. Davis, John // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Autumn2005, p26
Highlights the 36th International Vegetarian Union World Vegetarian Congress in Florianopolis, Brazil. Number of attendees to the congress; Appreciation of the participants on the food and the venue; Hold of lectures and cooking demonstrations during the conference.
- Two Australian Vegetarian Pioneers Part 2 - Bruce Standish. // Natural Health & Vegetarian Life;Summer2006/2007, p48
The article features vegetarian Bruce Standish of Australia. With his mother's support, he started to stop eating meat at the age of four with the realization that meat was once an animal. He became actively involved in the Victorian Vegetarian Society during the early 1960s which later...
- Group news. O'Connor, Amy // Vegetarian Times;Jul96, Issue 227, p95
Presents an update on various vegetarian organizations in the United States. Vegetarian Network of Austin's call for the participation of interested parties; Invitation for Vegetarians from New York City and Weschester County to join EarthSave Hudson Valley; Contact information.
- interview. Koorey, Stephanie // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Autumn2003, p39
Interviews Woman's Humanitarian Organization director Stephanie Koorey regarding vegetarianism. Impact of witnessing the death of friends on Koorey's decision not to eat anything with blood; Support from family members on the transition of diets; Favorite dishes.
- about the societies . . . // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Spring2005, p2
Provides information on the Natural Health Society of Australia and the Vegetarian Societies. Contact information; Key aspects of the natural health; Aims of the Vegetarian Societies; Commitment of the Natural Health Society.