Canada's Turn, Finally?
- Oilfield activity heats up, though uncertainty lingers. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p33
Focuses on the New Orleans, Louisiana's energy industries. Increase in crude oil and natural gas prices in 2000; Rise in drilling and production activity in the Gulf of Mexico; Merger among oil companies; Employment losses and gains; Activities of independent oil companies.
- The price of impatience. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finance Week;2/2/2004, p18
Presents an investment analysis of the stock of Exxoteq, South African oil exploration company. Factors blamed for the decline of the company's share price; Opportunities and risks facing the firm; Presence of influential empowerment groups on board; Inability to clinch a major acquisition.
- R&B, Falcon merger sign of things to come. Furlow, William // Offshore;Aug97, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on the slated merger of oil exploration firms, Reading & Bates and Falcon Drilling. Agreement to a tax-free stock deal; Reduction of exploration costs; Pivotal action among drillers in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Equitable sheds Gulf assets. Hull, Jennifer Pallanich // Offshore;May2000, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p22
Reports that Westport Oil and Gas has agreed to acquire the Gulf of Mexico oil exploration and production unit of Equitable Resources. Cost of the acquisition; Amount of oil and gas production Westport will take under the acquisition agreement.
- Kazakh offshore tenders by late 1997. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/11/96, Vol. 40 Issue 41, p23
Reports on Kazakhstan's plans to issue tenders for offshore oil and gas field blocks in the Caspian Sea by the end of 1997.
- Egypt. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;03/21/97, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p35
Reports on the Egyptian cabinet's approval of the award of four oil and gas exploration permits stemming from the September 1996 bid round.
- Guidance on North Sea IDC transition rule. // Practical Accountant;Feb97, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p53
Discusses the meaning and the context of the transition rule contained in an industry specialization program coordinated issue paper relating to the North Sea intangible drilling costs. United States Internal Revenue Service's interpretation of the term `minority interest' in the transition...
- Crude awakening. Reid, Jan // Texas Monthly;Nov95, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p140
Reports on the challenges faced by Texan oil explorers in South America. Border wars; Opposition from Indian tribes; Environmental policies.
- CNOOC Ltd. Announces Gas Discovery in South China Sea. // China Chemical Reporter;3/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p36
The article reports on the discovery of a new deepwater gas by Husky Oil China Ltd. in South China Sea.