The Wicks Group Becomes The Newest Player In K-12 Education
- The Wicks Groups Targets K-12 Education; Establishes New Unit, Buys Delta Education. // Electronic Education Report;8/29/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p1
Reports the acquisition of Delta Education by the Wicks Group in New York. Venture of the Wicks Group in the supplemental education market; Amount of the acquisition; Plan of the company to add more educational companies.
- Sundance acquired by Wicks Group. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/18/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 42, p8
Reports on Wicks Group's acquisition of Sundance Publishers & Distributors. Appointment of Fred Johnson as president of Sundance; Wicks' properties in other media outlets; Johnson's plans for Sundance; Background information on the companies.
- THE NEW FACE OF Money. Fetherston, Sarah; Hagan, Joe // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;06/15/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p20
Features a look at the private equity firms that are the United States magazine publishing industry's power bankers. Abry Partners; Warburg Pincus; The Wicks Group; Quadrangle Group. INSET: VS&A: OLD MONEY ON THE PROWL, by Joe Hagan..
- Wicks Group Targets Music Publishing. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/30/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p30
The article reports on the acquisition of Verse Music Publishing by the Wicks Group of Companies.
- M&A shows signs of life. CALLAHAN, SEAN // B to B;7/16/2012, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on recent business-to-business (b-to-b) media merger and acquisition (M&A) activity. Northstar Travel Media LLC was recently acquired by Wicks Group of Cos. LLC, and there were no layoffs and no cost-cutting with the deal. Industry has noted an increase in M&A activity in the...
- Wicks Group Pays $44 Million for EMC. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the purchase of EMC/Paradigm Publishing by the Wicks Group, a New York City-based private equity firm. Value of the purchase; Sales of EMC in 2004; Background on the operations of EMC.
- CBS sells radio stations. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;10/12/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the selling of seven radio stations by CBS Corp. to private equity firm Wicks Group of Cos. LLC at a price of $138 million in the U.S. The stations will include FM stations such as KFKF, KBEQ, KMXV, KCKC, WLVQ, WHOK and WAZU. According to Wicks Group, the purchase is...
- Wicks Group extends medical offerings with Jobson, DesignWrite acquisitions. Arnold, Matthew // Medical Marketing & Media;May2005, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p8
Reports on Wicks Group's expansion of its investment in health care publishing with purchases of Jobson Publishing Corp. and DesignWrite. Wicks's presence in the medical publishing field following the acquisitions.
- NEW BEGINNINGS FOR VIBE. Simon, Mashaun D. // Black Enterprise;Nov2006, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p34
The article reports that Danyel Smith, after being renamed editor-in-chief, has replaced Mimi ValdÃ©s after the Wicks Group purchased VIBE, the top urban culture magazine in the U.S. Smith looks forward to contributing to the growth of not only the publication but also the VIBE brand. VIBE was...