Displaced adolescents in Croatia: Sources of stress and posttraumatic stress reaction
- Teen-Age Reactions to the Cuban Crisis. Flaherty, Daniel L. // America;1/19/1963, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p65
The article focuses on the reactions of teenagers in the U.S. regarding the Cuban crisis after the thermonuclear war in 1962. It states that 62 students in Loyola Academy in Wilmette, Illinois voiced firm approval of President John F. Kennedy's stand about the crisis. Moreover, it is expected...
- How students coped with the war. Oweini, Ahmad A. // Journal of Higher Education;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p406
Investigates the coping mechanisms of a group of Lebanese college students during the war in Lebanon. Reference to previous studies on the effect of the Holocaust on survivors; Why it is difficult to study the effect of a single war trauma on children; What was the most traumatic experiences...
- ATTITUDES OF STUDENTS TOWARD POLITICALLY RELEVANT GROUPS. Wilson, Warner // Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal;
155 students who did not attend the anti-Vietnam War moratorium and 20 who did attend, indicated their degree of liking for 5 groups chosen to represent authority, namely, parents, police, college professors, college administrators, and high school teachers; and their liking for 5 groups chosen...
- How do you see your body? // Current Health 1;Sep98, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p6
Discusses how teenagers value their good looks. Implications of the pressure to `look good'; How to feel good about oneself.
- Maps on my past: Race, space, and place in the life stories of Washington D.C. area teenagers. Ostroff, Susan // Oral History Review;Winter96, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p35
Focuses on the life of teenagers in Washington, D.C. Identity questions; Character of the city; Concept of cognitive or mental mapping; Crossroads experienced by teenagers between childhood and adulthood; Concern about teen apathy and geographic illiteracy; Distributed photocopied collection...
- `Teenmood'. // Youth Studies Australia;Dec1996, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p3
Highlights `Teenmood,' a report on the global teenager market. Interviews with more than 10,000 teenagers in 20 countries; Teenagers' views on life.
- Youth Allowance proposed. // Youth Studies Australia;Dec1996, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p9
Reports that Australia's federal budget allocated plans for developing a standard allowance to combine Austudy, Abstudy and unemployment benefits as the core of the government's youth program.
- Out now. // Youth Studies Australia;Dec1996, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p52
Features several publications and resources about teenagers. Includes `Connect: Supporting Student Participating'; `Emotional Milestones: From Birth to Adulthood, a Psychodynamic Approach,' by R.S. Neven; `Making Peace at Mayfield: A Whole School Approach to Behavior Management,' by C. Breheney,...
- Rite of passage. Dale, Matthew // American Forests;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 100 Issue 3/4, p8
Relates a teenager's experience with traversing a high wire between two trees. Problem with heights; Nervousness when it came to his turn; Traversing between two little wires 50 feet up in the middle of the forest; Slipping and falling; Reaching the ground.