- ANAGRAM QUIZ 9. // Word Ways: The Journal of Recreational Linguistics;Feb2013, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p34
A quiz asking readers to supply the words described in a series of anagrammatic definitions is presented.
- What's that word? // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;12/18/2006, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p2
This article presents the definitions of some words found in this issue including mandate, global warming and estuary.
- WORD WORKOUT. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;1/25/2010, Vol. 78 Issue 13, p8
A word definition quiz based on the articles discussed within the issue is presented.
- Word to Know. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;10/25/2010, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p2
The article presents the definition of various words, including intact, cliques and agenda.
- Word to Know. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;1/10/2011, Vol. 79 Issue 13, p2
Definitions for several words are presented, including excessive, discrimination and optimistic.
- The Adventures of The Word Nerd. // Storyworks;Sep2011, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p31
A quiz concerning the meaning of various words is presented.
- What Do You Know? // Junior Scholastic;1/5/2009, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p16
A quiz about vocabulary is presented.
- When is a Miss a Hit? Wallace, Margaret // Saturday Evening Post;7/24/1948, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p69
A quiz about words with opposite meanings is presented.
- Word Workout. // Scholastic Action;3/14/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p22
Presents a quiz regarding the definition of words.
- WORD WORKOUT. // Scholastic Action;9/18/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p5
The article presents a list of definition of words including "concentrate" and "bi-racial."