COMING TO AMERICA
- Wanted: Viewers for new cable channels. Dempsey, John // Variety;1/3/94, Vol. 353 Issue 9, p1
Reports on cable networks' measures to attract viewers in the face of a decline in their primetime ratings. Spinoff channel setups; Initiatives to shore up programming and visibility; Impact of network abundance on viewership shares.
- Skewing younger. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/31/94, Vol. 124 Issue 44, p20
Reports that WTBS-TV is adding a lineup of new programming that will include syndiated weekly music series `Live from the House of Blues' and a daily morning show `A Morning Affair' in an effor to broaden its audience to include younger demographics.
- Czech casters find that H'w'd has lost its glitter. Meils, Cathy // Variety;09/28/98, Vol. 372 Issue 7, pM22
Reports on the search of Czech programmers for the mid-sized locally made hits that keep viewers tuning in. Reason for the move; Details on the three broadcasters that are staking out their separate target audiences.
- Extended TV Seasons Beg More Marketing. // Television Week;5/19/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p8
The author comments on the 2008 upfront advertising presentations in New York City. It was noted that this year's upfronts were just a combination of low-key sales meetings, NBC's experimental "Experience," a walk-through exhibit that highlighted NBC Universal's multiple media, and the...
- Pubcaster RTVE leads Spanish team. // Variety;1/31/94, Vol. 353 Issue 13, p32
Reports on Spanish RTVE's sales team heading to Monte Carlo for marketing Spanish television programs. David Nogueira as head of RTVE's sales team; Tele Cinco sharing space with Berlusconi group; Tele Cinco team includes executive Valerio Lazarov, purchase vice president Antonio Pozueco and...
- Disaccord daunts double-run device. Dempsey, John // Variety;2/13/95, Vol. 358 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on television network executives' reaction to the United Paramount Network's success in double-running its signature series on a regular basis. Concept of a double-run device; CBS's option of experimenting with a second run of existing TV series; NBC and Fox's approach on double-running...
- It's `mother of all upfronts' at $8.2B. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;05/29/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 23, p4
Focuses on developments related to the television advertising market in the United States as of May 29, 2000. Increase in television networks' earnings from the year 2000 upfront market; Factors that helped the networks in selling their programs to advertisers.
- Going Coastal. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/15/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 39, pS-1
Reports on the holding of the Monte Carlo Television Festival and Market slated February 17-23, 2000. Factors credited for the success factors of the market; Sale of Eastern European television programs; Purchase of programs from German companies which have taken the rights for all German...
- While global economies falter, screenings grow. Williams, Michael // Variety;09/28/98, Vol. 372 Issue 7, pM6
Reports that global economies will collapse but the buying and selling of television programs will continue largely uninterrupted at Mipcom TV market on October 5-9, 1998 in Cannes, France. Asian countries that will not attend at the event; Observation of Rene Peres, director of the Reed Midem...