Twas Dj Vu All Over Again, One More Time
- Big, bad cable merger. // Consumer Reports;Jan2011, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p6
The author, on behalf of the Consumers Union, argues that U.S. federal regulators should not approve a merger between cable and Internet company Comcast and media conglomerate NBC Universal (NBCU). Concerns mentioned include the proposed conglomerate's influence over media delivery and its...
- Broadcasters Back Ownership Vote Delay. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;3/4/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 9, p18
The article reports that the National Association of Broadcasters has approved of a request by the Minority Media & Telecommunications Council (MMTC) that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will delay its vote on ownership of mass media. INSET: Both Sides Now.
- NBC: no laughing matter. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p1
Reports the performance of NBC Entertainment Company on comedy programs in the United States. Views of the President of NBC Jeff Zucker on NBC programming; Difficulty in maintaining the viable alternate players of the programs; Number of seasons of episodes.
- Cast changes for NBC sitcoms. // Electronic Media;06/23/97, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p29
Provides information on cast changes at two NBC sitcoms. Names of the sitcoms; Names of the persons being replaced and who they are being replaced by.
- Syfy, After Dark scare up deal. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;4/1/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 2, p7
The article presents information on a deal signed between the company Syfy and After Dark Inc.
- NBC U thinks it takes an iVillage. Thielman, Sam // Daily Variety;1/18/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the new content that will be added by NBC Universal Inc. (NBC U) on its iVillage website, which will provide domestic solutions.
- Movers: Network TV. // MediaWeek;10/3/94, Vol. 4 Issue 38, p27
Announces the nomination of former Sarabande Productions senior vice-president John Landgraf as NBC Entertainment vice-president for prime-time series.
- NBCU Reorg: The Playbook's the Thing. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/29/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 44, p6
A blog from the election of officers to NBC Universal Inc. is discussed.
- Patty Duke takes on `Dr. Quinn'. Battaglio, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;1/24/95, Vol. 335 Issue 36, p5
Reports on the changes in the NBC Entertainment network's primetime scheduling. Competition between the television shows `Amazing Grace' and `Dr. Quinn'; Transfer of the television show `Friends' to replace `Madman of the People.'