Aiming High Pays Off for DirecTV
- Guarded optimism in Louisiana. Miller, Mark K. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/28/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 23, p31
Focuses on the television market in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Competition in the news market between ABC affiliate WBRZ(TV) and CBS affiliate WAFB (TV); Impact of the Baton Rouge economy on the market; Details about the financial situation of Cheramie television station.
- DirecTV, Dish Post Sub Gains, Higher Profits. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/27/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p37
The article reports that U.S.-based direct broadcast satellite service providers DirectTV and Dish Network have both posted an increase in subscribers and net profits.
- SUBS STICK AROUND. Wallenstein, Andrew // Daily Variety;11/7/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 28, p1
The article offers information on the performance of television channels DirecTV Inc. and Dish Network Corp. during the third quarter of 2012 in the U.S., with DirecTV Inc. reporting a profit of 565 million dollars, and Dish reporting a loss of 158 million dollars from the year-ago quarter.
- Big three nets flat for 2nd quarter; syndication sales appear stronger. English, Jim // MediaWeek;8/23/93, Vol. 3 Issue 34, p6
Discusses the performance of television stations in the second quarter of 1993. Prime time spending; Daytime spending; Syndication.
- Revenue reports spell good news for TV groups. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;04/27/98, Vol. 128 Issue 18, p18
Presents financial information for a number of television stations in the United States, for the period ended March 31, 1998. Broadcast operating profits reported by Tribune; Finances posted by Pulitzer Broadcasting; Information on Meredith, Univision and Granite Broadcasting.
- Olympics boost station revenue in February. GF // Broadcasting & Cable;4/4/94, Vol. 124 Issue 14, p33
Reports on the increase in television station revenue in February 1994. Monthly time-sales survey by the Television Bureau of Advertising; Local revenue; Spot revenue.
- 2nd-quarter pick up for TV. GF // Broadcasting & Cable;8/9/93, Vol. 123 Issue 32, p42
Presents updates on second-quarter financial results for television station group owners for 1993. Doubling of cash flow at Gaylord Broadcasting; Revenue for BHC Communications-held TV stations; More.
- Sweeping rebound for stations market. Miles, Laureen // MediaWeek;4/25/94, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the financial gains of television stations. Sales; Broadcast ratings; Increase in advertising activity; First quarter 1994 revenue of Pulitzer Broadcasting's stations; Tribune Co.'s revenue gain.
- Big 3 wary, but not too worried over new networks. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/93, Vol. 123 Issue 44, p7
Reports on the impact of a possible fifth or sixth television network on the ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox networks. Possibility that the probable program services could gain a large bulk of the viewing audience; Reactions to the prospect of Paramount or Warner getting significant distribution;...