Worldwide deal for Expocentric
- DETROIT REGIONAL CONVENTION AUTHORITY IN NEGOTIATIONS WITH SMG TO MANAGE COBO CENTER. Mickey, Bill // Expo Magazine;Sep2010, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that the Detroit Regional Convention Facility Authority has negotiated with convention and arena management company SMG to manage the Cobo Center in Michigan. It states that the day-to-day management of the center will be turned over on October 1, 2010. It also mentions the...
- Bidders line up to manage venues. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p1A
The article reports on the bid of Mayor Greg Ballard's proposition to privatize stadium and convention center management in Indianapolis, Indiana. It notes that three heavyweight companies are expected to lead the bid for the initiative including SMG, Global Spectrum and Anschutz Entertainment...
- Puerto Rico's Convention Center grants operating contract to SMG. Gonzalez-Velazquez, Joanisabel // Caribbean Business;4/15/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p16
Reports on the contract won by facility operator SMG to manage the Puerto Rico Convention Center. Schedule to begin operations in 2005; Assurance given by Convention Center District Authority (CCDA) executive director Manuel Sanchez Biscombe to owners of other local convention halls that the...
- Expocentric to target US new media market. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;Jun2001, p5
Announces the commitment of digital hall provider Expocentric to developing its presence in the United States market. Finances of Expocentric; Overview of joint marketing agreements signed by Expocentric.
- The C3 Effect. Waddell, Ray // Billboard;3/8/2008, Vol. 120 Issue 10, p16
The article examines a five year contract given the facilities management firm SMG by the Chicago, Illinois Park District to manage the city's Soldier Field. The concert promotion firm C3 Presents is attached to the deal as a content provider. C3's presence is thought to have been an important...
- Aquarium of the Pacific aims for upscale eatery. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p14
Reports that the Aquarium of the Pacific restaurant, Long Beach, California which is scheduled to open in June 1997, has selected SMG company to provide concession services and manage all aspects of the Aquarium restaurant. Information on the deal; Expected operations of SMG; Details on the...
- Herald sale price queried. Sutcliffe, Alastair // Printing World;9/16/2002, Vol. 279 Issue 12, p6
Reports that Glasgow, Scotland-based media company SMG plans to sell 'The Herald' newspaper and other publications. Selling price; Companies interested in buying the publications.
- SMG Inc.: Young but strong. Langman, Brent // National Provisioner;Nov2001, Vol. 215 Issue 11, p42
Focuses on the production management at the SMG Inc. in the Crestview Hills, Kentucky. Growth on the product operation; Efficiency of product operations in the company; Prediction of Tom Davis, president of the company, on the success of the company products in the market.
- Leaning on technology. Langman, Brent // National Provisioner;Jul2002, Vol. 216 Issue 7, p18
Outlines the SMG's plan to extend the coverage of its popular branded product lines. Construction of a state-of-the-art ham processing facility in Owensboro, Kentucky; Expansion of processing capabilities in Williamston, North Carolina; Expansion and technological updates at its other facilities.