WTM prepares for Excel move
- DLR reaches City Airport. // Railway Gazette International;Jan2006, Vol. 162 Issue 1, p10
The article presents updates on railways in England as of January 2006. The latest extension of the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) at London City Airport was opened on December 6, 2005. Serco Docklands Ltd. was selected by DLR as preferred bidder for the next seven-year operation contract. The...
- CITY PAGE. // Rail Business Intelligence;10/7/2004, Issue 231, p9
Presents an update on the rail industry in Great Britain as of October 7, 2004. Growth in the financial support given by the British government to the national railway; Increase in railroad fares planned by London Underground and Docklands Light Railway by January 2, 2005.
- EIBTM Looks to Barcelona for Better Days. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jul2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p31
Highlights Reed Travel Exhibition's European show, EIBTM, held May 2003 in Geneva, Switzerland. Estimated number of people who attended the event; Absence of the U.S. in the event.
- Exhibition to be cut to three days? // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/11/2002, Issue 2539, p9
Reports on negotiations between World Travel Market (WTM) organizer Reed Travel Exhibitions and the Association of National Tourist Offices Representatives over WTM exhibitor fees. Proposal to reduce the number of WTM exhibit days; Proposal of Reed Travel Exhibitions to reduce exhibitor fees.
- Pledge to improve transport. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;10/29/2004, Issue 1742, p52
This article reports that transport has been given top priority at this year's World Travel Market, to ensure delegates enjoy a smooth ride to the show. While delegates have praised the size and facilities of ExCeL, transport to and from the show is the biggest bugbear, according to group...
- Chaos at EIBTM sparks probe. // Event;Jun2002, p5
Reports on the investigation being conducted by Reed Travel Exhibitions regarding the outcome of the travel and meetings show EIBTM in Geneva, Switzerland. Objective of the investigation; Number of exhibitors and hosted buyers that decided not to attend the exhibition; Factors that may...
- DLR lifts peak capacity. // Rail Business Intelligence;7/29/2010, Issue 371, p6
The article reports that an 11% increase in capacity in London, England during the morning peak is being provided by the Docklands Light Railway Ltd. from July 12, 2010.
- DLR regains Beckton shunter. // Railways Illustrated;Mar2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p31
The article reports that Docklands Light Railway Ltd. (DLR) regained the GECT5577 locomotives and renamed as Kevin Kearney in Great Britain.
- Going beyond Docklands. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Dec98, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p63
Provides information on the extension of the Docklands Light Railway to Lewisham in London, England. Significance of the construction project; Cost of the project; Problems associated with the construction.