IPC in talks over brand licensing
- AOL Time Warner in fresh negotiations to snare IPC Media. Cowen, Matthew // Campaign;7/13/2001, Issue 28, p1
Reveals that AOL Time Warner Inc. is negotiating to acquire IPC Media.
- AOL TW MAY GET LOADED TO EXTEND ITS INT'L REACH. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;06/13/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 8, p6
Reveals that media conglomerate AOL Time Warner is in talks to acquire Great Britain-based publishing group IPC Media. Magazines published by IPC.
- AOL TW, Burger King cook up wide-ranging marketing deal. Rose, Marla Matzer // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/6/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 39, p99
Reports on the marketing deal between AOL Time Warner and Burger King Corp. involving the media giants' film, publishing, music and online operations. Non-exclusivity of the deal; Purpose of the move by Burger King; Business plans.
- STOP PRESS. // Marketing (00253650);7/26/2001, p2
Reports on developments concerning the marketing sector as of July 2001. AOL Time Warner's acquisition of IPC Media; Resignation of Michael Jackson as chief executive of Channel 4 television station; Red Devil Energy Drinks' launching of Red Devil Power Cola energy drink.
- Time Warner hunts for magazine HQ. // Estates Gazette;8/10/2002, Issue 232, p25
Reports on the search conducted by AOL Time Warner company for a head office for its Great Britain publishing group IPC Media. Example of magazines published by IPC Media; Appointment of FPDSavills to star the search for a site.
- AOL's transatlantic assault with IPC. Singh, Sonoo // Marketing Week;8/2/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p16
Discusses AOL Time Warner Inc.'s acquisition of IPC Media during a downturn in the consumer magazine sector's advertising revenues. Entry of the United States-based media group into the British market through IPC; Opportunities presented by the acquisition for IPC; Acquisition value; Terms of...
- Scripps ups cable carriage in Time Warner output deal. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/16/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 24, p79
Reports on the distribution agreement reached between E.W. Scripps Co. and AOL Time Warner's cable unit that will bring the Scripps cable networks to almost 12 million additional homes in the United States by the end of 2003. Coverage of the deal; Refusal to disclose financial terms of the...
- Two Gorillas Make Nice. Levy, Steven; Roberts, Johnnie L. // Newsweek;6/9/2003, Vol. 141 Issue 23, p38
Details a settlement between Microsoft Corp. and AOL Time Warner who were involved in an antitrust lawsuit that accused Microsoft of anticompetitive behavior concerning the AOL Netscape Navigator browser. Benefits of a collaboration between Microsoft and AOL for digital-property protection,...
- PPL lands internet radio deal with AOL. // Music Week;10/25/2003, Issue 42, p4
Reports that PPL has signed its first licensing deal for an Internet-only radio service with AOL, ahead of the firm's move to launch online radio services for its broadband members in Great Britain. Statement from Tony Clark, director of licensing, concerning the deal; Plan of PPL...