Expect Federal Funding Cuts, New Regs In 2011
- YES, I CAN. Rall, Ted // Boise Weekly;11/17/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p8
In this article, the author discusses the importance of theoretical budget-balancing scheme to prevent federal budget deficit of 3.6 trillion dollars for government spending and 2.4 trillion dollars revenue in the U.S. in 2010.
- Building boom rages in 2003. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;12/9/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the number of commercial construction projects despite state budget deficit and legislative issues in Nevada. Building addition to the property of Mandalay Bay; Three-level expansion to the Forum Shops of Caesars Palace; Retail shops and restaurants of Bellagio hotel-casino.
- HDD An Industry Staple. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jun2014, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p4
The author reflects on the 16th annual horizontal directional drilling (HDD) market survey conducted by the periodical as of June 2014. Topics discussed include cost reductions for HDD contractors, the telecommunications market niche for HDD contractors and growth of HDD in the water market...
- Simpson, Bowles: Cut $2T now, complete deal by 2012. Wasson, Erik // Hill;6/28/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 94, p1
The article reports on the statements of Republican Senator Alan Simpson from Wyoming and Erskine Bowles, co-chairman of U.S. President Obama's debt commission, that called for the government to consider a two trillion dollar down payment on the federal deficit to raise the debt ceiling.
- U.S. needs two-part $4 trillion gimmick-free deficit deal. Bowles, Erskine; Simpson, Alan // Hill;6/28/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 94, p15
In this article the authors discuss the need for the U.S. Government to consider a four trillion gimmick-free fiscal consolidation package to prevent future financial and economic crisis caused by looming budget deficit.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITORS. Ladenson, Mark H. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/21/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 47, pP24
A letter to the editor is presented about the need for the U.S. congressional supercommittee to enact a viable deficit reduction package that will remove over three trillion dollars from the federal budget within 10 years.
- Sales Tax Increase Small Price to Pay for Success. Katz, Mel // San Diego Business Journal;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p83
In this article, the author discusses on the impact of the sales tax increase in San Diego, California. He states that the county has a unique business community and its annual budget plays an important role in the quality of life and the effectiveness of the local government. He adds that he...
- No Consolidation In Sight. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Jan2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
The article offers information on Sri Lanka's government budget for 2012, wherein the nominal budget deficit has been allocated to rise again. It states that the government depends on a further acceleration of economic growth to reduce deficit figure. It notes that the unwillingness of the...
- Obama Preaches Deficit Sanity. Klein, Joe // Time International (South Pacific Edition);4/25/2011, Vol. 177 Issue 16, p23
The article discusses a speech given by U.S. president Barack Obama in which he addresses Republican congressman Paul Ryan's budget plan, which allegedly proposed radical cuts and restructurings in large federally-funded programs, such as Medicare and Medicaid, and the federal-budget deficit.