- Seriously Educational. // Underground Construction;Sep2010, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p30
A calendar of events in the Underground Construction Industry (UCT) in the U.S. in January 25-27, 2011 is presented which includes tutorials about sewer and water rehabilitation technologies, "Trenchless Technical Symposium," and "Waterworks Conference: Facing Reality."
- U.S. sewer/water construction, rehab spending to jump 14%. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Feb99, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p26
Focuses on the financial trends predicted to affect the underground construction industry in the United States in 1999. Surveys predicting an increase in rehabilitation spending; Value of new construction spending.
- Municipal Sewer/Water Rehab Workshop Planned for East Coast. // Underground Construction;Jul99, Vol. 54 Issue 7, pR-19
Focuses on the growth of the use of trenchless rehabilitation methods in pipeline construction in the United States. Information on the holding of the Underground Construction Technology Municipal Sewer/Water Workshop in November 1999; Key areas to be covered by the seminar.
- Atlanta's Mayor Franklin Delivers Keynote Address At UCT. // Underground Construction;Mar2004, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p40
Reports that Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin delivered the keynote address at the 10th Underground Construction Technology International Conference and Exposition on January 13, 2004 in Houston, Texas. Emphasis on the importance of creating and maintaining first-class sewer and water...
- Cityliner USA: Advanced CIPP Technology. // Underground Construction;Jul2004, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p65
Features RS Cityliner, a CIPP sewer repair technology, designed by RS-Technik in Switzerland. Key features; Availability; Usefulness.
- A Time to Reevaluate: What Is Our Biggest, Best Safety Opportunity Today? Kemper, Christopher // Underground Construction;Oct2006, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p96
The article discusses the importance of safety in the underground construction industry. Industrial safety means more precise marking of utilities, better locating of marked lines, right training of employees, job planning, and consistent notification of One-Call systems. The biggest safety...
- Ohio Contractor High-Tech Vacuum Sewers. // Underground Construction;Sep2004, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p20
Presents the factors that make contractors adopt high-technology vacuum sewers in Ohio. Flexibility of vacuum technology; Ease in installing vacuum sewers; Indication of less disruption.
- Special Programs Highlight UCT Educational Program. // Underground Construction;Dec2006, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p44
The article presents a calendar of events related to underground construction industry for 2007. The Sewer Rehabilitation Strategy Workshop will be held on January 29. A workshop on what every city and consulting engineer needs to know about designing HDD projects will be held on January 30. The...
- NASSCO Convention Held in Tucson. // Underground Construction;Apr2004, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p40
Highlights the National Association of Sewer Service Cos. (NASSCO) Annual Convention in Tucson, Arizona. Attendees of the convention; Accomplishments of NASSCO for 2003; Goals developed for 2004.