News Briefs ï¿½
- Lecture capture technology lends a hand to community college students. Jones, Mark // Community College Week;2/25/2008 Technology Update, Vol. 20, p20
The article reviews the lecture capture software EchoSystem from Echo360.
- VENDOR ROUNDUP. // Campus Technology Magazine;Jun2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p28
The article offers information on several companies that offers lecture capture solutions in the U.S. It includes Accordent Technologies Inc., which offers a line of rich-media software which allows educators to deliver live webcast for distance-learning programs. Another is Panopto, which...
- NACSCORP, Lightning Source Forge POD Alliance For Campuses. // Educational Marketer;7/2/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p6
Focuses on the agreement between Lightning Source and NACSCORP, wherein NACSCORP would provide access to print-on-demand books for college students in the United States.
- Lightning Source May Find Ebook Business More Competitive Than POD. // Book Publishing Report;09/11/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on the expectations of Lightning Source Inc. for its electronic books business in the year 2000. Estimates of total sales for the business segment; Comparison of the demand from the company's print-on-demand (POD) service.
- After Growing From Gee Whiz To Mainstream Lightning Source Says It's Just Getting Started. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;7/15/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the organizational change in book publisher Lightning Source Inc. Firm's promise to revolutionize publishing; Number of books printed by the firm; Corporate strategy.
- Lightning strikes twice in Milton Keynes. // Printing World;3/3/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 9, p17
Reports that Lightning Source Inc. has commissioned its second International Business Machines digital book printing line in Milton Keynes, England. Productivity of the company; Increase of the capacity.
- Lightning upgrades its IBMs. Grant, Alex // Printing World;9/11/2003, Vol. 283 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the enhancement on the IBM black and white presses of Lightning Source in Milton Keynes, England. Contract with Cambridge University Press; Sales volume of the digital book printing company; Turbo features of the printing-presses.
- Palm Teams Up with Lightning Source To Try To Put Life Back into E-Books for K-12 Schools. // Educational Marketer;2/10/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p1
Announces the partnership of Palm Inc. and Lightning Source to develop electronic textbooks (e-textbooks) in the U.S. Promotion of personal digital assistants by Palm Inc. for use in K-12 schools; Increase in the interests of schools in electronic delivery of materials; Release of the Classics...
- Lightning success. // Printing World;9/18/2003, Vol. 283 Issue 12, p29
Reports on the growth in distribution channel sales by digital book printer Lightning Source (LS) Inc. in Great Britain. Printing of single order books; Deals between LS and Cambridge University Press; Installation of two color presses.