Financial Briefs ï¿½
- Reader's Digest expands its SuperBrands. Madden, Normandy // Ad Age Global;Oct2000, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p16
Reports that Reader's Digest Asia has turned SuperBrands, a regional branding contest, into a worldwide competition. Reasons behind the decision of rolling out the competition worldwide; Impact of the contest on Reader's Digest Asia's advertising revenue; Results of the survey for SuperBrands.
- School Revenue Declines 17% at Reader's Digest. // Educational Marketer;10/27/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the sharp revenue decline in the School & Educational Services, an educational division of Pleasantville, New York-based Reader's Digest Association, by 17% to 458 million dollars in fiscal 2008. It notes that the division had accounted for about 16% of the association's...
- Key Facts. // Readers Digest Association, Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p4
The article offers facts and information about The Reader's Digest Association. The head office of the company is given. Phone number, fax number and Web address of the company are mentioned. Estimated revenue/turnover per year is revealed. The number of people employed by the company is mentioned.
- Reader's Digest: Q2 Diet Books Strong; Children's Biz To Expand. // Book Publishing Report;2/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the decline in revenue at the Reader's Digest Association Inc. in the book industry in New York City. The second quarter revenue of the fiscal year 2006 is lower compared to the fiscal year 2005 in the same quarter. The top performer was the new edition of the diet book...
- Reader's Digest To Expand How-To Book Output In 2005. // Book Publishing Report;2/14/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p4
The article reports that Reader's Digest Inc.'s trade book division aims to publish more how-to category books this year, increasing the title count from 18 in 2004 to 22 in 2005. Harold Clarke, president of the trade books group, said the how-to category has been a steady source of revenue and...
- `Am. Health' finds relief in new owner. Donaton, Scott // Advertising Age;4/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 17, p51
The article reports on the rise in the advertising pages and circulation of the magazine "American Health" under its new owner, Reader's Digest Association Inc. Reader's Digest acquired the publication from Owen Lipstein in January 1990 for $29.1 million. The Audit Bureau of Circulations...
- READER'S DIGEST BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;10/13/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 41, p10
The article presents statistics about Reader's Digest, including its total revenue for year ended June 30, 2008, its operating loss for fiscal 2008 and total book sales in fiscal 2008.
- Education Sales Slow at RDA. // Electronic Education Report;6/15/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p5
The article focuses on the 2009 business performance of School and Educational Services Group, a unit of the Reader's Digest Association Inc. It states that the revenue of the company declined by 3.5% from 2008 to 24.5 million dollars in the third quarter of fiscal year of 2009, which ended...
- Readers Digest Association, Ltd. SWOT Analysis. // Readers Digest Association, Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p1
The book presents information on The Reader's Digest Association and gives a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats analysis for it. Background on the company is given. Revenue posted during the fiscal year ended June 2005 is revealed. Potential threats to the company include rising...