California Reviews 20 Titles In Digital Initiative
- Schwarzenegger backs digital text books. // e.learning age;Jul/Aug2009, p4
The article reports on the initiative for digital textbooks in California. It explores the support given by Arnold Schwarzenegger, governor of the state of California, for the introduction of digital textbooks into schools in the state. Digital texts will reportedly start with high school...
- California Says 10 Digital Texts Meet Math, Science Standards. // Educational Marketer;8/17/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 16, p1
The article reports that 10 digital texts passed the science and mathematics standards in California. It states that CK-12 Foundation has the most number of digital texts submitted to the California Free Digital Textbook Initiative for screening. It reveals that based from the state review, four...
- Calif Governor Sets Plan to Offer Open-Source Digital Texts. Cavanagh, Sean // Education Week;5/20/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p4
The article discusses California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's plan to offer free, open-source digital textbooks for high school mathematics and science students. The goals of the program include lower costs and collaboration between school districts. The state will offer a range of digital...
- Digital Revolution. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;9/7/2009, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p2
This article reports on a plan announced by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to give electronic textbooks to students in the state.
- Digital Textbooks in Schools? // Junior Scholastic;9/21/2009, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the plan of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger for schools to move from traditional textbooks to online or electronic books for high school students in California.
- STATE OF THE STATE. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;7/21/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p51
Comments on several issues related to the politics in California. Candidacy of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger to the gubernatorial election; Establishment of a bicameral conference committee by state legislators; Composition of the committee.
- Nation's Report Card Shows Gains for Students with Disabilities but Minimal Growth for All Students. // ConnSENSE Bulletin;Jan2006, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p9
The article presents the Nation's Report Card of the U.S. in reading and math released by the National Assessment of Educational Progress that seeks to gauge the performance of students from across the country including students with disabilities. The study shows gains for students with...
- Legitimacy. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;10/13/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p71
Reports on the victory of Arnold Schwarzenegger over Gray Davis in the California governor elections.
- 60 SECONDS. // New Scientist;9/9/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 2568, p7
The article presents news briefs related to life sciences. According to research study, men over 40 are at a higher risk of having an autistic child in comparison to men under 30. According to another research, deaths from cervical cancer could be reduced 75 percent by vaccinating all...