- Psst! Gossip may be good for you. // Current Events;9/22/89, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p3
Discusses a study of teen gossip conducted by Donna Eder, a professor at Indiana University. Positive and negative functions of gossip; Differences between male and female gossip.
- Meaningful talk. // Association Management;Apr98, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p26
Looks at the critical role of conversation in organizational effectiveness. Listing of several tips to attract and encouraged people engaged in conversation to stop the traditional thinking about common ground; Reference to American Society of Assocation Executive's session `Using Compelling...
- Conversation starters. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Letter;7/10/95, Vol. 7 Issue 13, The Later Years p2
Presents conversation starters. Includes choice of heir; Funny incidents; First experience living away from home.
- Gencon. Marty, M.E. // Christian Century;9/4/91, Vol. 108 Issue 25, p831
Discusses the role of general conversation (`gencon'). How to conduct gencon; The author's fond memories of Marietta Tree; Why gencon can restore conversation, which is one of God's great gifts.
- Mastering the art of the 5-minute conversation. McCormack, Mark // Las Vegas Business Press;02/10/97, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p33
Provides pointers in mastering the art of short conversation. Includes ways to control the length of conversation; Handling of bonding rituals; Scheduling of next conversation.
- An oral culture. // America;10/25/1986, Vol. 155 Issue 11, p220
Despite the longstanding belief that the written word is dominant in our culture with idioms like `hitting the books' as an example, the spoken word is, nevertheless, the most important mode of communication. For in a few spoken words, the heart of a case can be reached and it is not just fast,...
- Conversation piece. Gurney, A.R. // Newsweek;6/26/1989, Vol. 113 Issue 26, p10
Talks about the difference between a conversation and a discussion, and how difficult it is to get a genuine conversation going.
- 30 Sexy Conversation Starters. Haber, Heather // Cosmopolitan;Jul2001, Vol. 231 Issue 1, p136
Provides tips on starting a conversation with a guy.
- Who have you been talking to? McCormick, Patrick // U.S. Catholic;Jun94, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p48
Focuses on the influence of cultural conversations on individuals. Conversation with family and friends; Communications from the mail, books and movies; Church's immersion in the conversations of culture; Improvement of conversational skills.
- Responses to requests for conversational repair by adults with mental retardation. Brinton, B.; Fujiki, M. // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Oct91, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p1087
Presents the results of a study which focused on adjustments made in conversation in response to listener feedback. Method; Results; Discussion.