- Graduates add up to Â£1bn to value of UK businesses. Thomas, Daniel // Personnel Today;7/13/2004, p3
Graduates contribute around 1bn pound of added value to Great Britain economy on an annual basis, according to research published this week. The report, launched by the Association of Graduate Recruiters at its annual conference in Wales, underlined that the business case for graduate...
- Common Mistakes to Avoid Before Starting Your Career. Rose, Jeff // California Job Journal;5/20/2012, preceding p1
The article discusses the common mistakes that new college graduates make in relation to career development. It advises new graduates to consider living at home to avoid the expenses of living independently. It is suggested that focusing exclusively on starting a career could be a mistake. The...
- WHO'S ON FIRST. Alleyne, Sonia // Black Enterprise;Dec2002, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p62
Answers a question on employers' market, a term that suggests exploitation of employees. Tips for job applicants.
- Detecting Employees Who Are Job Hunting. // USA Today Magazine;Apr2001, Vol. 129 Issue 2671, p5
Presents tips on detecting employees who are looking for a new employer. Warning signs that an employee may be looking for a new opportunity; Role of managers in the enhancement of job satisfaction.
- ONLINE POLL. // People Management;1/13/2011, p7
The article presents the results on an online poll concerning the amount of time spent by human resources (HR) personnel to look for a job.
- How To Stand Out During Your Job Interview. // Jet;3/26/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p54
The article presents a series of recommendations from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics and Kim R. Wells, director of Career Services for Howard University in Washington D.C., on how college graduates should prepare for their search in the U.S. job market. One of the suggestions is...
- Graduate job vacancies on the rise. Thomas, Daniel // Personnel Today;7/11/2006, p6
The article focuses on the Summer Graduate Recruitment Survey 2006 conducted by the Association of Graduate Recruiters, according to which, there has been a rise of 16.7% in the graduate-level vacancies. The survey also revealed that in 2006, the standard of graduate applicants was higher than...
- When HR Goes Job Hunting. Garvey, Charlotte // HR Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p58
Gives advice to human resource job seekers. Details on constructing a resume; Use of electronic communication on the job search process; How to prepare for behavioral-based questioning.
- Shad's Job Hunter's Checklist. Frackental, Shad // Library Journal;9/1/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 14, p162
Offers tips and advice when looking for jobs in libraries. Evaluation of job ads; Factors to consider when considering an invitation for a job interview.