- Age and time on the job. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Winter2008, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p22
The article reports on the results of the Current Population Survey conducted by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) concerning the median tenure of wage and salary workers in 2008. The survey reveals that the median tenure is just above four years in January. It also considers the age as...
- news digest. // Employers Law;Sep2010, p3
The article presents statistics related to employment including the hourly rate of the national minimum wage in Great Britain starting October 1, 2010 and the age from which the main rate of the minimum wage will apply thereon.
- AGE RULES. Spalding, Dawn // Employers Law;Nov2007, p10
The article presents statistics on age and employment including the percentage of people who know it is illegal to discriminate on the grounds of age at work, the percentage of workers who have witnessed ageist behavior in the workplace during the past 12 months, and the percentage of staff who...
- Arbeitgeber stellen sich auf Ã«ltere ein. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;7/19/2013, Issue 29, p42
The article offers information on age-focused personnel management in large companies, particularly for employees aged over 50.
- LEGAL STATISTICS. // People Management;2/24/2011, p33
The article presents legal statistics on human resource sector in Great Britain including 39 weeks as a period for maternity or adoption fees, paternity or partner's pay rate worth 124.88 pounds or 90 percent of average weekly income, and redundancy fee worth 0.5 percent of a weekly salary for...
- How to… Prepare for an industrial tribunal. Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;1/28/2003, p27
Presents guidelines for human resource professionals on how to prepare for an industrial tribunal. Importance of the preparation; Format of the tribunal; Websites from which more information can be get regarding tribunal.
- Minimum wages don't help the poor. Veldhuis, Niels; Karabedovi, Amela // Edmontonians;Jun2011, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p40
The article discusses several misconceptions related to the fact that raising the minimum wage in different provinces of Canada will help poor. According to the data from Statistics Canada nearly 60 percent of minimum wage workers in Canada are between the ages of 15 and 24 and, of these, about...
- Indicatorsâ€¦ at-a-glance business data. // Personnel Today;1/15/2008, p46
The article presents statistics related to employment indicators in Great Britain for the year 2008 including job creation, online recruitment, and wages.
- HR STAT. // People Management;2/10/2011, p7
The article presents statistics on British human resources sector including 2.9 percent median pay agreement in the fourth quarter of 2010, 20 percent jobless rate for new graduates, and 64.5 years as the average retirement age of British men.