Line managers hold key to mental health at work
- Website of the month healthy mind. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on the launch of the Mental Health Check online tool by the European Network for Workplace Health Promotion (ENWHP) which promotes mental health among workers.
- Govt outlines three practical steps to improving staff health and productivity. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Sep2012, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p4
The article reports that the British government outlined three practical steps for employers to improve their staff's mental health and lessen unnecessary costs to businesses in lost productivity.
- Special Issue: Psychological Issues in the Workplace. Cohen, K. R. // Psynopsis: Canada's Psychology Newspaper;Winter2011, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p3
An introduction to the issue is presented in which the author discusses the influence of psychological factors on health conditions, the findings of a survey on work stress, and the cost benefits of providing employee mental health service.
- Star-Crossed Benefits. Gunsauley, Craig // Employee Benefit News;Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p29
Focuses on behavioral and health care benefits provided by employers in the United States. Decline in the value of employer-provided health care benefits; Effects of mental illnesses on employee absenteeism; Stigma attached to mental disorders; Depression and psychiatric disabilities suffered...
- Out of the shadows. Paton, Nic // Occupational Health;Nov2008, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p14
The article focuses on Beyondblue, an Australian pilot programme that aims to help managers in Great Britain to recognise and support staff who are suffering mental ill health. It is said that the programme is designed to train line managers and support staff with depression. Helen Lockett of...
- IT'S TIME WE HAD THAT CHAT. // BRW;8/15/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p33
The article focuses on the importance for companies to address mental health issues in the workplace to avoid breaches from occupational health and safety laws, which can lead to fines of up to $600,000 and five years imprisonment.
- Trauma help online. Walters, Kath // BRW;2/17/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p12
This article offers information on Mindful Employer program, a new national program in Australia aimed at improving mental health in the workplace.
- Building Healthier Workplaces. Schomer, Stephanie // Fast Company;Oct2010, Issue 149, p42
The article discusses the Building Healthier Workplace conference in Ottawa, Canada, on October 6, 2010, regarding the mental health of employees.
- Positive Mental Health - A New Focus For Worksite Wellness. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);9/5/2008, Issue 451, p2
The article focuses on the need to add positive quality of life issues to worksite wellness. It cites that positive mental health wellness would promote employee awareness and skill development in important areas. According to the article, the phrase Reason, Exuberance and Liberty (REAL)...