Olympic targets make diversity the real winner
- VOLUNTEERS AT THE 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES. // Children & Young People Now;7/20/2010, p14
A personal narrative is presented in which the author encourages young people to be volunteer for the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Ltd.
- The greatest shoe on earth. Magee, Kate // PRWeek (London);7/27/2012, p24
The article offers information on the preparations of public relation (PR) officers for the 2012 Olympics. It states that Team GB Athletics chief press officer Claire Furlong manages the communications for the team's 78 athletes. According to London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and...
- Olympics chief defends sourcing packs in China. Chadwick, Philip // Packaging News;Aug2012, p3
The article reports that the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Locog), an association responsible for overseeing the planning and development of London 2012 Olympic Games, has defend the supply of foodservice packaging in China.
- NEWS BRIEFS. // Supply Management;3/18/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p09
The article offers news briefs in Great Britain, including the deadline for entries to the 2010 CIPS Supply Management Awards, the move of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games Ltd. (Locog) to boost sustainable procurement, and the government approach to purchasing...
- Hotels say they won't hike prices as LOCOG returns 120,000 rooms. HARMER, JANET // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/3/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4713, p6
The article reports that as part of the bid to host the 2012 games, London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games Ltd. (LOCOG) has made agreements with hotels to provide more than 600,000 room nights at rates agreed in 2007 for officials, sponsors and media.
- Olympic frames boost. // Optometry Today;7/1/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 13, p17
The article reports on the selection of Zoobug to develop the Official London 2012 Sunglass Collection for children, which will be launched in July 2011 following a license agreement with the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG).
- Olympic themes. // Horticulture Week;8/19/2011, p3
The article offers information on Sheffield City Centre in England, which is one of the locations depicted in a booklet designed by the London Organising Committee of Olympic Games & Paralympic Games (LOGOC) Ltd. to help local authorities decorate their towns and cities for the 2012 Olympic Games.
- Olympic committee seeks to inspire local authority planting schemes. // Horticulture Week;8/12/2011, p3
The article reports on the move of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games & Paralympic Games (LOCOG) in England to sent a "Look Book" to local authorities which serves as a guide on how they can make their area become more environment-friendly through planting and using green spaces.
- Locog launches search for designer of Olympic torch for London 2012 games. // Design Week;8/5/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
The article reports on the launch of the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (Locog) and Paralympic Games Ltd.'s search for torch design, in partnership with the Design Council, for the 2012 Olympics in London, England.