AAP: Trade Net Sales Up 6.9% in Q2; 6% For the Year
- AAP: Trade Net Sales Drop 13.7% in Q1. // Book Publishing Report;Jun2009, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the 13.7% decline on the net sales of trade books in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2009. According to the Association of American Publishers (AAP), the decline of sales is a result to the market shift from to a less expensive format. A chart is presented depicting the...
- AAP: E-Books, Paper Help Trade Net Sales Gain in Q1 '10. // Book Publishing Report;Jun2010, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p9
The article presents the 2010 first quarter report on net sales of trade books from the Association of American Publishers. It indicates that trade books sales have slightly increased by 4.3% due to the huge gains in electronic books and adult paperback segments. It reveals that net sales for...
- AAP: Trade Book Sales Slow In February. // Book Publishing Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p4
Announces the domestic book sales report of the Association of American Publishers for February 2005 in the U.S. Gross revenues of the adult mass market category; Total sales of the children's book category; Increase in the sales of the religious book category.
- Slower Growth Forecast for 2008. // Publishers Weekly;6/2/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 22, p4
The article presents an outlook for book sales in the U.S. in 2008. According to the Book Industry Study Group, book sales are projected to increase by 3.2 percent in 2008. Sales gains in both adult hardcover and trade paperback segments are projected to be slightly lower than in 2007, while...
- Trade Books a Winner in 2012. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/20/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 20, p6
The article looks at the May 2013 BookStats report by the Association of American Publishers and the Book Industry Study Group, which looks at sales trends in the book industry. Particular focus is given to the growth in sales of trade books from 2011-2012, especially in the electronic book...
- '97 book sales up 2% as weak trade sales offset gains in ed'n. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 9, p11
Reports on book sales for 1997. Preliminary estimates from the Association of American Publishers (AAP); Educational publishing segments as the best performers; Trade segments as a disappointment; Increased sales at university presses and subscription reference; Comments of AAP president Pat...
- Sales lousy in June. // Publishers Weekly;8/19/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 34, p11
Reports on the Association of American Publishers' monthly sales estimates of books sold in the United States in June 1996. Increase in only two of fourteen categories; Decline in sales of Bibles segment; Drop in sales of adult hardcovers.
- Book Sales in '85 Exceed $9 Billion. // School Library Journal;Oct86, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p79
Discusses an Association of American Publishers report on the increase of book sales in the United States in 1985. Comparison with the previous year's sales; Total sales and percentages of increase in various book categories.
- Net College Sales Jump 23.5%, Pushing YTD Sales To $438 Million. // Educational Marketer;8/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p6
Focuses on the increase in the net sales of college publishers in June 2004, according to the Association of American Publishers. Projection of a net sales growth of the industry for the year.