Children's Series Authors Wielding More Influence
- Roberts Rules, But Top Ranks Of Bestselling Authors Mostly A Boys Club In First Half Of 2002. // Book Publishing Report;7/1/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p1
Analyzes the 'New York Times' bestseller lists in the first half of 2002. Dominance of male writers; Brand names' replacement of literary newcomers; Top authors by category.
- How They Landed On Top. Maryles, Daisy; Riippa, Laurele // Publishers Weekly;3/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 12, p31
Looks at how authors of best-selling books made it to the top. Authors of several bestsellers from 1990 to 2000; Trends in writing; Factors that lead to the marketing success of nonfiction books; List of bestsellers in 2000.
- Category Review/Report Excerpt: Children/YA books. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2010, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the ranking of children's books from the analysis of "USA Today" bestseller data in the U.S. The top 20 "USA Today" bestsellers shows that 19 of the top 20 children's titles from July 2009-June 2010 were series titles. On the other hand, fantasy category was ranked number...
- BfYP bestsellers. // Quill & Quire;Jun2004, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p44
This articles presents a list of the best-selling children's books in Canada in April, according to a survey of more than 190 independent booksellers. In fiction section the list includes: Airborn by Kenneth Oppel; Princess in Waiting: The Princess Diaries IV, by Meg Cabot; Zombie Butts from...
- Children's Fiction Bestsellers. Roback, Diane // Publishers Weekly;10/10/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 40, p18
This section presents a chart of the paperback bestselling fiction books for children in the U.S. as of October 10, 2005.
- Children's Series and Tie-ins Bestsellers. Roback, Diane // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 42, p16
The article presents a list of the top 15 best-selling children's book series and tie-ins including "A Series of Unfortunate Events," by Lemony Snicket and "Artemis Fowl," by Eoin Colfer.
- CHILDREN'S BESTSELLERS OCT. 29-NOV. 4,2012. // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 46, p14
The article lists bestselling children's books for the week of October 29 to November 4, 2012, including "Who Could That Be at This Hour?" by Lemony Snicket, "The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee" by Tom Angleberger, and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle.
- CHILDREN'S BESTSELLERS AUG. 27-SEPT. 2, 2012. // Publishers Weekly;9/10/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 37, p18
The article presents a list of the top-selling children's books in the U.S. for the week of August 27, 2012, which includes "The Rise of Nine" by Pittacus Lore, "Olivia and the Fairy Princesses" by Ian Falconer, and "Big Nate Makes the Grade" by Lincoln Peirce.
- Children's Bestsellers. // Publishers Weekly;5/18/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 20, p39
Presents a list of bestselling books for children as of May 1998. Includes `Hooray for Diffendoofer Day!' by Dr. Seuss, Jack Prelutsky and Lane Smith; `The Long Patrol,' by Brian Jacques; `Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul,' by Jack Canfield; `Guess How Much I Love You?,' by Sam McBratney,...