Category Review/Report Excerpt: Children/YA books
- The Potter Effect. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;7/11/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 27, p12
Discusses the impact of the Harry Potter seven-book series on the fundamental mechanics of publishing in the U.S. Description of global publication; Adult authors who have turned to writing young-adult books; Changes made by "The New York Times" to its bestseller lists.
- Children's Series Authors Wielding More Influence. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2010, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the performance of children's book authors in the "New York Times" and "USA Today" bestsellers lists in the U.S. It states that 195 children's authors made it to the lists between July 2009 and June 2010. According to the analysis, the top 10 authors in the 2009-2010...
- BfYP bestsellers. // Quill & Quire;Jun2004, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p44
This articles presents a list of the best-selling children's books in Canada in April, according to a survey of more than 190 independent booksellers. In fiction section the list includes: Airborn by Kenneth Oppel; Princess in Waiting: The Princess Diaries IV, by Meg Cabot; Zombie Butts from...
- Children's Fiction Bestsellers. Roback, Diane // Publishers Weekly;10/10/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 40, p18
This section presents a chart of the paperback bestselling fiction books for children in the U.S. as of October 10, 2005.
- Children's Series and Tie-ins Bestsellers. Roback, Diane // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 42, p16
The article presents a list of the top 15 best-selling children's book series and tie-ins including "A Series of Unfortunate Events," by Lemony Snicket and "Artemis Fowl," by Eoin Colfer.
- CHILDREN'S BESTSELLERS OCT. 29-NOV. 4,2012. // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 46, p14
The article lists bestselling children's books for the week of October 29 to November 4, 2012, including "Who Could That Be at This Hour?" by Lemony Snicket, "The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee" by Tom Angleberger, and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle.
- CHILDREN'S BESTSELLERS AUG. 27-SEPT. 2, 2012. // Publishers Weekly;9/10/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 37, p18
The article presents a list of the top-selling children's books in the U.S. for the week of August 27, 2012, which includes "The Rise of Nine" by Pittacus Lore, "Olivia and the Fairy Princesses" by Ian Falconer, and "Big Nate Makes the Grade" by Lincoln Peirce.
- Children's Bestsellers. // Publishers Weekly;5/18/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 20, p39
Presents a list of bestselling books for children as of May 1998. Includes `Hooray for Diffendoofer Day!' by Dr. Seuss, Jack Prelutsky and Lane Smith; `The Long Patrol,' by Brian Jacques; `Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul,' by Jack Canfield; `Guess How Much I Love You?,' by Sam McBratney,...
- Children's bestsellers. // Publishers Weekly;3/16/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 11, p29
Presents the best selling books for children for March 1998. `Guess How Much I Love You,' by Sam McBratney, illustrated by Anita Jeram; `I Love You So Much,' by Carl Norac, illustrated by Claude K. Dubois; `The View from Saturday,' by E. L. Konigsburg; `Brian's Winter,' by Gary Paulsen; `The...