- `Blintz' krieg! McKenna, Pat // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on the `training with the industry' program launched by the United States Air Force in October 1996 to provide food preparation training to airmen in Las Vegas, Nevada. Experience of airmen who participated in the program; Activities during training; Benefits of the program.
- When not to give the skipper extra training. Pham, T.N. // Flying Safety;Aug97, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p28
Discusses the weight of following safety rules 100 percent during air training sessions, as highlighted during a near accidental air combat session between two US Air Force airmen. Training on a high-gravity, sweat-inducing, high-workload flight; Danger of false sense of honor and desire for...
- The advanced instrument flight course or instruments `r' us. Jones, Kevin // Flying Safety;Sep94, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p9
Recounts the history of the US Air Force's Advanced Instrument Flight Course (AIFC) training program in Castle Air Force Base, California. Aim of the program to train the best instrument pilots in the world; Curricula; Areas covered during the training; Contact information.
- Attention to details. Barela, Timothy P. // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on the First Term Airman's Center which aims to facilitate the adjustment of incoming airmen to base duty. Services offered; Orientation activities; In-processing and professional briefings provided; Perks; Benefits.
- USAF operating with new AFMSS. Hughes, David // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/3/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p70
Reports on the resumption of training of air crews of computerized mission planning system of the US Air Force in the software program, the Air Force Mission Support System program. Details.
- AROUND THE AIR FORCE. // Airman;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p4
Photographs of several airmen of the U.S. Air Force doing training in various places are presented including Senior Airman Jonathan Ordonez, Senior Airman Patrick Garner, and Airman 1st Class Hunter Rains.
- In the Belly of the Beast. // Airman;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p40
Photographs of several basic trainee airmen of the U.S. Air Force at the BEAST, an exercise complex which replicates the sights, sounds and emotions Airmen will experience in the deployed environment, are presented including Corrie Chaffin, Carlynne Easterwood, and Sorpisith Keo.
- Superman School. McKenna, Pat // Airman;Feb2000, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p2
Looks at the Pararescue School for United States Airforce airmen and pararescuemen. Responsibilities of a pararescueman; Overview of a pararescue training; How to gain admittance into a pararescue school.
- Joint EA-6B program under way. // Naval Aviation News;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p6
Reports that the first US Air Force (USAF) pilots and electronic warfare officers have started their training at Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron in Whidbey Island, Washington. Activation of the squadrons to fill the gap left by the ongoing phaseout of the USAF's EF-111.