- A Christmas Story. Tarello, Elaine // Airman;Dec2000, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p28
Describes the participation of Lieutenant Colonel Russell Blaisdell, a chaplain of the United States Air Force, in the Korean War in Seoul, South Korea in 1950. Description of the social and economic situation; Efforts to save orphans from the war; Memories from the experience.
- Air Force names first woman as top chaplain. // Christian Century;7/4/2001-7/11/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 20, p12
Features Lorraine K. Potter, the first woman to be named chief of chaplains for the United States Air Force. Number of active duty, guard and reserve chaplains Potter will train; Achievements of Potter; Vocation of Potter.
- Chaplain Target In Pearl Harbor Attack. // Priest;Dec2012, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p54
The article profiles Monsignor Terence Patrick Finnegan, a chief of U.S. Air Force chaplains during World War II which includes information on his education, his foray into the U.S. army and work as U.S. military chaplain.
- Airborne Spirit. Hayward, George // Airman;Apr99, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p26
Profiles Chaplain (Capt.) Shannon Philio, the first United States Air Force chaplain on permanent jump status. His career background; Comments from Colonel Eric Rosborg, commander of Pope's 18th ASOG; Spiritual air support.
- U. S. Army Family Life Training Graduates Seven. // Infantry;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the welcoming of the members of the U.S. Army Chaplain Family Life Training Program into the ranks of those chaplains, who will join the Army and Air Force units from Alaska to Italy, and from Louisiana to Germany, on August 4, 2005. Chaplain (Lt. Col.) Thomas C. Waynick,...
- Loyalty test. Sehested, Ken // Christian Century;3/2/94, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p212
Reports on the discharge proceedings against Air Force chaplain Lieutenant Colonel Garland Robertson. Censure for a published letter questioning the use of deadly force in Kuwait; Morality of war in the gulf; Provision of a clean bill of health in a psychological examination; Support from the...
- Faith on the Front Line. Vandeventer, Gene // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2009, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p12
The article discusses the critical role of the U.S. Air Force Reserve chaplains in providing religious ceremonies and pastoral care as well as giving advice in regards to spiritual, ethical, and moral concerns to Airmen.. It notes that chaplains performed several duties such as preaching in...
- DEFENDING FREEDOM THROUGH Religion. Croxon, J. Paul // Airman;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p12
The article explores the lives of U.S. Air Force chaplains from different faiths including Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. It is stressed that airmen chaplains provide care, counsel and minister in the midst of conflict and bloodshed and other host of issues. According to Chaplain Major...
- CHAPLAIN IMAM. // Airman;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p16
The article profiles Captain Sharior Rahman, a U.S. Air Force chaplain imam, It is stressed that Rahman's home unit/base is located at the 37th Training Wing Lackland Air Force Base in Texas. It is mentioned that the calling of Rahman as a chaplain imam came over a number of events. It is said...