BUILDING A DREAM
- Surviving AND Thriving. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;Summer2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p2
The article profiles U.S. Airman Brian Kolfage Jr., who survived a mortar attack in Iraq but left him without legs and a right arm. He stayed at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C. after this medical evacuation from Balad Air Base in northern Iraq. The highlights of his...
- Airlift Squadron Retires, May come Back in Alaska. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2005, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the retirement from service of the U.S. 730th Airlift Squadron unit at March Air Reserve Base in California. Reasons behind the squadron's retirement; Tasks of the unit during its active duty.
- The Mystery of Minot. Lindorff, Dave // American Conservative;10/22/2007, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p18
The article focuses on the controversy surrounding the missing nuclear weapon incident on August 29 and 30, 2007 in Minot, North Dakota. It relates that the series of six deaths involving U.S. Armed Forces immediately preceding and following the incident raises valid questions as to the mystery...
- Personnel Facts. // Airman;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p34
Presents several charts and graphs on various information about the U.S. Air Force personnel.
- Career Field Breakdown. // Airman;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p38
Presents a database on the career field breakdown of U.S. Air Force personnel.
- Don't Let the Veteran Down. Johnson, Leon W. // Saturday Evening Post;8/10/1946, Vol. 219 Issue 6, p37
The article discusses the author's experience as an official of the U.S. Air Force. He became a commander of the Air Force with a duty to send some of his men to missions which brought their deaths. One of his men who has dedicated his life to military service is Bill McCoy. He emphasizes the...
- SUSIE L. CASSEL: AN AIR FORCE ROLE MODEL. Cassel, Rusell N. // Education;Spring87, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p223
Profiles United Air Force officer Susie L. Cassel. Impact of personal experiences on career decisions; Schools attended; Life at the University of Southern California.
- Letters. Halvorsen, Gail S.; Sallee, Robert J.; Dickson, Joel S.; Rienerth, Janice G.; Winslow, Mike; Miller, James C. // Airforce Magazine;Feb2014, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in previous issues including "The Feeder Force" in the January 2014 issue, "No Office, Intended" in the November 2013 issue, and "Life Flight" in the December 2013 issue.
- Quick Return. Babin, Chance C. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2004, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the partnership among Reservists and Airmen under the U.S. Air Force to combine C-5 programmed depot maintenance and the isochronal inspection process to repair a military aircraft. Maintenance process and inspections; Enhancement of stratlift capability; Aircraft improvements.