Ho, Ho, Hoax?
- `Tis the season for holiday scams--so don't be a target! // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/21/98-12/28/98, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p32
Offers some tips on how business owners in the United States can avoid Christmas holiday scams. Explanations from detectives; Recommendations from the US Postal Service; Examples of such scams.
- The Christmas Fraud. Turner, Paul // Whosoever;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p15
The article discusses the alleged fraud that Jesus was born on December 25th. It is stated that during Christmas season which begins right after Halloween up to Advent, Christians are subjected to 12 weeks of Christmas messages that have little to do with or about the Christian faith. In...
- Tips to help keep you safe from scammers this holiday season. Brown, Johnny // Ellis County Press;12/1/2016, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p5
The article offers suggestions to ensure cybersecurity during Christmas by avoiding social media posts about gift card giveaways and other contests, checking credit card statement routinely and keeping personal information safe, and avoiding opening of links in e-mail.
- For Kumar, humble pie. Zeller, Gregory // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/21/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 66, p1A
The article reports on the holiday season of former CA Inc. chairman Sanjay Kumar at the Federal Correctional Institution in New Jersey. Kumar who will spend 12 years in prison for committing obstruction of justice and securities fraud will not be given a special privilege and will have the same...
- Card Fraud Tries Rose 40% on Black Friday. // American Banker;12/5/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 234, p9
The article focuses on a report released by Retail Decisions PLC that said financial fraud attempts increased by 40% on the Friday following Thanksgiving (known as Black Friday) in 2008, from a year earlier. Black Friday and the following Monday, Cyber Monday, are huge money-making days for...
- 'Tis The Season For Card Fraud. Reutzel, Bailey // ISO & Agent Weekly;12/5/2013, Vol. 9 Issue 44, p1
The article discusses the abundance of card fraud during the Christmas holiday season. Topics addressed include attacks from low-level criminals that sell consumer information on fraudster marketplaces, the most common forms of credit card fraud according to security technology developer Jumio...
- Retailers warned on card fraud. // Cabinet Maker;12/21/2007, Issue 5569, p34
The article focuses on the need for retailers to be on guard for card fraud during Christmas as stated by Richard Farmer, head of Barclaycard's fraud prevention division. The first nine months of 1984 showed 1.4 million purchases made by card users in the furniture and home furnishing stores....
- Williamsburg's Colonial Christmas. // Child Life;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p8
The article presents information on the celebration of colonial Christmas in Williamsburg, Virginia.
- A Ukrainian celebration. Hayes, J.L. // Country Living;Jan1992, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p83
Describes a traditional Ukrainian Christmas Eve celebration. Historical background of the Svyata Vecherya (the Holy Supper) prepared on January 6, based on the Julian calendar; Twelve meatless dishes served, representing the 12 Apostles; Other dishes; Recipes.