Blood glucose monitoring in the normal population: the PREDICA study
- How to improve the accuracy of screening for diabetes. // Modern Medicine;Aug94, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p40
Presents an abstract of the article `Screening for diabetes mellitus in adults: The utility of random capillary blood glucose measurements,' by M.M. Engelgau, T.J. Thompson, et al., published in the `Diabetes Care' journal in April 1995.
- How to improve the accuracy of screening for diabetes. // Modern Medicine;Aug95, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p40
Presents an abstract of the study titled `Screening for diabetes mellitus in adults: The utility of random capillary blood glucose measurements,' by M.M. Engelgau, T.J. Thompson, et al, in the April 1995 issue of `Diabetes Care.'
- Screening for NIDDM: Age, time, since meal decide cut-off point. // Geriatrics;Sep95, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p59
Presents an abstract of the paper, `Screening for Diabetes mellitus in Adults: The Utility of Random Capillary Blood Glucose Measurements,' by M.M. Engelgau et al, published in the journal, `Geriatrics,' dated September 1995.
- Nearing the end of the finger-sticking era. Dinsmoor, Robert // Countdown;Spring96, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p8
Presents the SoftClix, a noninvasive device from Boehringer Mannheim Corporation for measuring the blood sugar of people with diabetes. Key factors that keep people with diabetes from testing as often as they should; Other noninvasive methods of blood sugar measurement. INSET: The race for a...
- Breaking the skin barrier. Mettenburg, Julie // Countdown;Fall98, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p13
Focuses on research into non-invasive diabetes diagnostic techniques. Experimentation with the use of spectroscopy to analyze fluorescence of the skin and measure blood glucose levels; Optical sensing of the aqueous humor of the eye; MiniMed Continuous Glucose Monitoring System from MiniMed...
- Diabetic maculopathy. Hockaday, T.D.R. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/19/1983, Vol. 286 Issue 6369, p915
Focuses on the incidence of diabetic maculopathy in Great Britain. Occurrence of hard exudates in the outer reticular layers of the retina; Correlation between macular oedema and increased capillary permeability; Role played by blood glucose concentration on retinopathy.
- Diabetes Test Best Taken in the Morning. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Feb2001, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p2
Provides information on the fasting blood glucose test used for diagnosing diabetes. Precondition requirements; Optimum time of administration; Difference between morning and afternoon tests.
- Plasma glucose to whole glucose conversion. Garand, Joseph T.; R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;4/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p92
Provides information on the conversion of plasma glucose to whole glucose. Computations; Trends in blood glucose levels; Diagnosis of diabetes mellitus.
- A1C screening less expensive? Edwards, Alun L. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/11/2013, Vol. 185 Issue 9, p799
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article related to screening of diabetes other than blood glucose measurement by M. Tonelli and K. Pottie in a 2013 issue of the periodical.