Supervisor of troubled hospital named
- Western Farm Show opens Feb. 21. GRIEKSPOOR, P. J. // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);Feb2014, Vol. 152 Issue 2, p10
The article offers information on the 53rd annual Western Farm Show, an agricultural trade show, to be held at the American Royal Complex in Kansas City, Kansas from February 21-23, 2014 and mentions the views of show manager Ken Dean on the issue as of February 2014.
- Deane appeals Cann's ruling. Smoke-Asayenes, Dan // Windspeaker;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p10
Reports the appeal of Ken Deane to police adjudicator Loyall Cann's for the resignation or dismissal from Ontario Provincial Police due to discreditable conduct.
- Administrative services managers. Gartaganis, A. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Summer89, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p30
Describes the rapidly expanded position of administrative service managers, who coordinate activities ranging from transportation to data processing. Predictions for competition; Earnings; Training.
- Work or perk? Rice, B. // Psychology Today;Nov88, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p26
Every year millions of managers attend in-house or off-site workshops on such topics as leadership, decision-making and interpersonal communications, in order to improve performance on the job. Discusses how the companies that pay for the training rarely try to find out if any improvement does...
- Money-making ideas for the profit-minded supervisor. Mintcloud, Buckley // Supervision;Oct93, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p22
Presents money-making ideas for supervisors. Simplifying the relocation process; Reevaluating wearouts; Leasing out excess office space; Minimizing employee cues; More.
- Have I the right stuff to be a supervisor? Nelson, Andre // Supervision;Jan90, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p1O
Presents a story discussing the obligations that goes along with being promoted as supervisor. Responsibilities of a supervisor; Employees' expectations and acceptance; Four supervisory styles; General guidelines for supervisors.
- Understanding the E-word. // Supervisory Management;Nov93, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p7
Looks at the meaning and application of the term empowerment. Difference from other behaviors; Quiz on determining supervisory behavior.
- Get smart! // Secretary;Oct95, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p21
Stresses the importance of assessing one's boss. Goals; Goals conflict; Access to resources; Positional power; Personal power; Strengths and weaknesses; Team playing on the part of the employee; Reaction to emotions; Personal style; Needs of the boss; Sharing information. INSETS: Learn how to...
- Death, taxes, and....meetings. Posner, B.G. // Inc.;Oct89, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p144
Discusses the ways the managers of Dewar Information Systems Corp. (DISC) make the best use of their weekly meetings. INSET: Sharing decisions..