The Obama scorecard
- Judge gives bitter pill to Obamacare. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);12/16/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p2
In this article the author reflects on the view of district judge Henry E. Hudson that a significant part of the health care reform of the U.S. President Barack Obam is in unconstitutional.
- Virginia Judge Rules Against Healthcare Reform. // Pharmaceutical Representative;Jan2011, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the ruling of U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson regarding the mandatory purchase of health insurance coverage as part of the health care reform law implemented by U.S. President Barack Obama, which Hudson declared as unconstitutional.
- Health Care Law Supporters Downplay Impact Of Va. Court Decision. Postal, Arthur D. // National Underwriter / P&C;12/20/2010, Vol. 114 Issue 44, p8
The article reports on the decision of U.S. District Court Judge Henry Hudson on the provision that demands insurance as unconstitutional in 2010. Hudson ruled that Congress cannot demand people to purchase health insurance, a key provision of the health care reform law inked by President Barack...
- Ruling Could Pave Way for Public Option. Farrell, John Aloysius // U.S. News Digital Weekly;12/17/2010, Vol. 2 Issue 50, p15
A blog commenting on Judge Henry Hudson's ruling that the U.S. government cannot require individual Americans to purchase health insurance and its implications for the healthcare reform law supported by the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama is presented.
- Court Deals Blow To ObamaCare Mandates. LEE, TONY // Human Events;12/20/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 44, p3
The article reports that federal Judge Henry Hudson of the Eastern District of Virginia ruled against the health care reform legislation saying that it was unconstitutional. Hudson's 42-page opinion highlighted the importance of the individual mandate provision over the Commerce Clause powers...
- HIGH ON REGULATION. // American Conservative;Feb2011, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on the stand of Federal Judge Henry Hudson on the individual health-insurance mandate of President Barack Obama in the U.S. It states that Hudson believes that the mandate did not meet the constitutional test for regulating interstate commerce. It adds that Hudson's ruling...
- QUOTED. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/17/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 46, p23
The article presents quotes from judge Henry E. Hudson of Virginia on the unchecked expansion of congressional powers, finance professor Jeremy J. Siegel on the rise in long-term treasury rates, and U.S. President Barack Obama on the tax cut plan that can help grow the economy and create jobs.
- Remarks at a Town Hall Meeting and a Question-and-Answer Session in Palo Alto, California. Obama, Barack // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/20/2011, Special section p1
The article reports on the Facebook-sponsored Palo Alto, California town hall meeting, dated April 20, 2011, in which U.S. President Barack Obama addressed the people and answered their questions on such topics as the national debt and deficit, the federal budget, and education reform. On the...
- Expending popularity. Jacobus, Cheri // Hill;7/24/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 89, p13
In this article, the author discusses the results of a Rasmussen poll in 2009 which indicated that Americans knew U.S. President Barack Obama, but they less loved his policies and performance, especially on the health care reform.