Assisted Human Reproduction Act unconstitutional
- Mother fails in bid to use dead daughter's frozen eggs. Dyer, Clare // BMJ: British Medical Journal;6/20/2015, Vol. 350 Issue 8013, ph3295
The article reports that the British High Court rejected the request of a mother which concerns using the frozen eggs of her late daughter for in vitro fertilisation.
- Regulation of Assisted Reproductive Technology in the Netherlands. Te Braake, Trees A. M. // Texas International Law Journal;Winter2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p93
Provides an overview of the report of the Health Council's Committee and the legislative action of the Health Minister regarding the regulation of assisted reproductive technology in Netherlands. Requirements for in vitro fertilization centers that are engaged in the production of human embryos...
- EC takes Poland to court over in vitro and VAT. // Regional Today;9/30/2013, p4
The article reports on the decision of the European Commission (EC) to take Poland to the European Court of Justice for not being able to comply with the European Union (EU) rules regarding vitro fertilization.
- Germany relaxes law on preimplantation genetic diagnosis. Tuffs, Annette // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;7/16/2011, Vol. 343 Issue 7815, p119
No abstract available.
- A review of fiqh and legal aspects of sperm donation in IVF. Karami, B.; Zareii, Z.; Rezaei, S.; Mirzaei, F. // Journal of Jahrom University of Medical Sciences;1/15/2014, Vol. 11, p296
Introduction: Given the importance of the family and its role in forming human communities and Islamâ€˜srecommendationsin order to maintain its consistency, any indolence or negligence toward the new subjects which occur in this field is not justified. One of these issues is artificial...
- Pass legislation to increase insurance for in vitro fertilization. Zhang, John // Hill;6/23/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 73, p22
In this article the author urges U.S. legislators to look deeper and set limitations on insurance coverage particularly in invitro fertility (IVF) practices to encourage responsible spending and medical practices.
- Is secession legal, or political? Mulawka, Brian // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;03/02/98, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p7
Discusses the case before the Supreme Court of Canada which will decide whether Quebec has the right to secede from Canada. Importance of case; Rhetoric over issue in parliament and the media; Question of how the federal government will handle a possible secession; Details of proceedings before...
- Judging the judges. Woodard, Joe // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;10/18/93, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p30
Tells why the Canadian Police Association is currently campaigning to have Supreme Court of Canada nominees undergo a parliamentary review. Changes in judicial rulings under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms; Details of the `Pussycat Club' ruling; Canadian Bar Association position on judicial...
- Gas tax motion denied by the Canadian Supreme Court. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;4/5/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p3
The article reports that the Supreme Court of Canada rejected the appeal of gas retailers related to the urbanization of Kahnawake, Quebec as an argument against the Canada and Quebec government.