First Nations health task group renewed
- First Americans face their latest challenge: Indian health care meets state Medicaid reform. Goldsmith, Marsha F. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;6/19/96, Vol. 275 Issue 23, p1786
Focuses on Gerald Hill, MD, past president of the Association of American Indian Physicians, who spoke about `The Indian Health Care System and State Health Care Reform' at the annual meeting of the National Rural Health Association in May 1996. Contrast of the Indians' aims with the state's...
- Center for American Indian Community Health to be Created at KU Medical Center. // American Indian Report;Aug2010, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p2
The article highlights KU Medical Center's Center for American Indian Community Health, which is a product of the partnership between University of Kandas Medical Center researchers and the American Indian Health Research and Education Alliance.
- Yellowhawk part of two-county survey about health assessment. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Sep2015, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p24
The article reports on a survey that will be conducted by the Umatilla-Morrow County Community Health Partnership in Oregon from September to November 2015 as part of a community health assessment process.
- Tailoring care to culture. Boyden, Yvonne L.; Przestrzelski, David; Hurley, Mary Lou // RN;Aug95, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p15
Focuses on the roles and responsibilities of the nurse holding the position of American Indian Health Care Coordinator (AIHCC). Case study on a 40-year-old Tohono O'Odham Indian; Visits to reservation homes; Partnership with medicine men; Education of new staff members.
- Harvard Med could pair with IHS for training. Neary, Michael // Native American Times;7/13/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p4
The article discusses the possibility of resident physicians from Massachusetts General Hospital, the teaching Hospital for Harvard Medical School, working in underserved Native American health care centers in South Dakota as part of the hospital's Global Primary Care Program.
- AIDS. Vernon, Irene S. // Wicazo Sa Review;Spring99, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p235
Focuses on AIDS prevention education and health services accessibility of Native Americans. Epidemics inflicting Native Americans in the 1800; Statistics on Native American AIDS cases; Relationship between alcohol abuse and AIDS among natives; Health services offered by the National Native...
- Improving health care is goal for medical student. BOWMAN, TERRY // Navajo Times;8/21/2014, Vol. 53 Issue 34, pD-6
The article profiles James Lee, a medical student at the University of Arizona's Phoenix campus, who aims to improve the delivery of health care services in the Navajo Nation and influence many Native Americans to ethe nter medical field.
- Health care options expand in Flagstaff. Smith, Noel Lynn // Navajo Times;12/16/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 50, pA1
The article reports on the expansion of Sacred Peaks Health Center, a clinic which offers health services and direct access to non-emergency primary care to Native Americans in Flagstaff, Arizona with several specializations including dermatology, gynecology, and orthopedics.
- Senators Lobby to Keep Funding for Urban Health Clinics. // American Indian Report;May2006, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the letter lobbying for the funding allocation for the Urban Indian Health Program under the 2007 proposed budget of the U.S. government. Amount demanded for the program; Health care services that are provided by the Urban Indian Health Program; Number of Indians that are eligible for...