Category Review: Romance's Attraction Examined
- Audio Bestsellers/Fiction. Sehgal, Parul // Publishers Weekly;11/30/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 48, p16
This section offers news briefs on best-selling audiobooks in the U.S. Patricia Cornwell and her wife has lost 40 million U.S. dollars due to a scheme by their financial advisers which is similar to the Ponzi scheme outlined in her latest book "The Scarpetta Factor." Nora Roberts explains that...
- Paperback Bestsellers/Mass Market. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;1/4/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 1, p16
An excerpt from the book "The Charlemagne Pursuit" and a list of paperback bestsellers/mass market in the U.S., which include "Dear John," by Nicholas Sparks and "The Associate," by John Grisham, are presented.
- Tie-Ins Dominate the Lists a Second Month. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2010, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p5
The article focuses on the dominance of media tie-ins on the best-seller lists in the U.S. It states that book "Dear John," by Nicholas Sparks with a film version released on February 10, 2010 has managed to stay at the top position of best-sellers for 24 weeks. It mentions that the Spark's book...
- Cross Is King. // Publishers Weekly;12/4/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 48, p19
The article reports that James Patterson's Cross topped the bestseller list at Target and was also number one on Advanced Marketing Services' (AMS) fiction list. Shape Shifter by Tony Hillerman debuted on the AMS fiction list at number two, while Nicholas Sparks' Dear John was second at Target....
- Dear John. Hartshorn, Laurie // Booklist;3/15/2010, Vol. 106 Issue 14, p66
Reviews the book "Dear John," by Nicholas Sparks.
- Hardcover Bestsellers/Fiction. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;11/13/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 45, p14
The article presents an update on best-selling fiction and authors. An excerpt from Nicholas Sparks' latest novel Dear John is presented. Karen Marie Moning is planning five books in the Fever series: Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever, Dreamfever and Shadowfever. Danielle Steel's H.R.H., her 68th...
- True Believer. Valby, Karen // Entertainment Weekly;10/10/2008, Issue 1015, p38
This article is focused on the author Nicholas Sparks. Sparks has written fourteen best-selling novels, including "The Notebook," "The Lucky One," and "Dear John." Several of his novels have been adapted into films, including "A Walk to Remember," "Nights in Rodanthe," and "Message in a Bottle."...
- PREPUB BEST SELLERS. // Library Journal;4/15/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 7, p66
Presents a list of pre-published best sellers. 'Birthright,' by Nora Roberts; 'The Second Time Around,' by Mary Higgins Clark; 'The Guardian,' by Nicholas Sparks; 'Armageddon: The Cosmic Battle of the Ages,' by Tim F. LaHaye; Others.
- Dear John. Engelmann, Patty // Booklist;10/1/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p6
Reviews the book â€œDear John,â€ by Nicholas Sparks.