Borders' Ambitious E-Books Plan
- Borders, Target Bet On More e-Reader Sales. GOLENICK, DOUG // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/7/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p8
This article announces the addition of Aluratek Liber eBook Reader Pro at Borders and the expansion by Target of the distribution of Amazon's Kindle to all its stores.
- Borders Plans September Launch Of e-Reader Departments. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/19/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p22
This article announces the plan of Borders Group to launch dedicated e-reader departments in almost all of its superstores in early September 2010.
- Marshall Vows to "Do Whatever Is Necessary" to Turn Borders Around. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/6/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 14, p3
The article reports on the statement issued by Ron Marshall, chief executive officer (CEO) of Borders Group, regarding his priorities to turn around the bookstore chain. Marshall's immediate goal is to achieve substantial financial stability in order for the company to survive. He also plans to...
- Borders' task: Cut, innovate. DUGGAN, DANIEL // Crain's Detroit Business;2/21/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p3
The article focuses on the comments of retail experts on Borders Group Inc., as the bookseller filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in New York in February 2011. Mandi Mankvitz, social media director with Sphere Trending, says the firm needs innovate its stores, and needs to find new...
- E-Readers. SCOTT, RICHARD // Money (Australia Edition);Jul2011, Issue 136, p31
The article offers brief information on handheld electronic readers including the Kobo from Borders, the Kindle DX from Amazon online and the iPad 2 from Apple.
- In brief. // Marketing (00253650);2/9/2011, p5
The article offers news briefs related to marketing in Great Britain which include the rise of BT's share in the broadband market, the cancellation of the launching of Sony's new ebook reader application by Apple Inc. and the move of Thomson Sport to sign a sponsorship deal with the National...
- THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL. // B&T Magazine;11/11/2011, Vol. 61 Issue 2754, p14
The author comments on the extinction of various big brands due to their failure to evolve or to adapt to new technology. He relates the role of iTunes in the demise of the brick-and-mortar music stores of Virgin. He claims that book retailers such as Borders and Angus & Robertson were aware of...
- Barnes and Noble Could Spin-Off Nook Business. // Channel Insider;01/09/2012, p1
The article reports on the plans of Barnes & Noble Inc. to expand its Nook electronic book reader (e-reader) business. According to Barnes & Noble, the company could expand its Nook e-reader following the increase of unit sales by 70% year-over-year, with sales of the full color Nook Tablet. It...
- Kindle Versus iPad: Today and Tomorrow. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;7/26/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 14, p7
The article provides an overview of a research and analysis concerning Kindle and iPad by Susquehanna Financial Group LLC (SFG). The report mentions the impact of the Kindle on Amazon earnings and the impact of the iPad on Apple earnings. It highlights the potential revenues from electronic book...